Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Motivation Letter for embedded systems master program ...

aseilattia 1 / 1  

Letter of Motivation

Dear respected committee,

I'm highly honored to write this letter of motivation to express my interest in applying for the XXX master's program at XXX University. I really appreciate the opportunity that this program offers, as it would be a valuable step in my life.

I completed my bachelor's in electrical engineering. This provided me with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the field, especially in programming and electronics. In addition to being granted a diploma in embedded systems from the Egyptian Ministry of Information Technology, I also got the chance to join a research lab at Cairo University implementing an ASIC design IoT project.

During my work, I have gained good experience in designing and implementing software using different development boards like Raspberry Pi. I also engaged in a number of projects with ideas towards sustainability, like the project using solar panels for a lightning system that I joined recently.

This made me realize the importance of developing quality software to reduce energy consumption.

In my future plan, I would like to focus on acquiring the skills necessary to work in the field of research and development (R&D), whether in research labs or industry. Therefore, I believe the Embedded System Master's Program, with the provided topics and being a student at a leading institution like XXX, is a great opportunity to learn from top researchers in the field and get inspired by other colleagues with the same goal.

I think that my background and the fact that I am a motivated, hard-working, and eager-to-learn person would make me a good candidate for the university.

Finally, I'd want to express how much I value studying at such a prestigious university as XXX and how excited I am to explore a new country like XXX, which stands out for its long history, rich culture, and well-established educational and social system based on equality and respect.

I think this opportunity will be a great milestone in my career and a valuable social and cultural experience.
step in my life

Your career, not your life. The masters course only relates to your career opportunities. These opportunities are what relate to your life. Therefore, it is the career that must be advanced. Do not refer to your private life in the discussion.

chance to join

Join as what? Remember that internships are not as impressive as they sound in these masters course applications. They give more weight to professional experience and notable accomplishments. Be clear about these references. The screener may not give any weight to this presentation when there is a lack of clarity in the reference.

acquiring the skills necessary to work in the field of research and development

In connection to what specific field? Do not cast a wide net. The screener needs specifics, a definite career path that will dictate how the masters course learning will be used and its relevance to the career considerations.

The overall motivational letter does not carry any sense of conviction or refer to any strong specifics that would make the applicant a notable consideration for the grant or acceptance to the university. It is too vague and lacking in career related discussions.
OP aseilattia 1 / 1  
thank you for your help .. I will take this into consideration while rewriting the letter.

Home / Letters / Motivation Letter for embedded systems master program ...