Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation letter for stipendium hungaricum, for BSCS (undergraduate),Pakistani student

ManahilFatima 1 / -  
Dear Hungarian Higher Education Committee,

I am writing to express my sincere interest in applying for the scholarship to pursue higher education in Computer Science at a university in Hungary. My name is XYZ, and I have recently completed my higher secondary education with a keen passion for exploring the intricacies of computer science. Choosing to study Computer Science aligns with my lifelong interest in understanding how applications, websites, and the technology we use daily function. The prospect of delving into the logic behind computer systems, mobile phones, and exploring the realms of Artificial Intelligence (AI) excites me. I am particularly enthusiastic about developing AI-based systems that can contribute to technological advancements.

I have applied to two prestigious universities in Hungary, namely ELTE University and the University of Debrecen, both renowned for their excellence in the Computer Science department.

The decision to study in Hungary stems from the positive experiences shared by my friend, who is a scholarship recipient in Hungary. My research confirmed Hungary's reputation for having some of the best universities, a safe environment for international students, and a welcoming community. I am drawn to the exposure and experiences that studying in Hungary can offer, as well as the absence of discrimination or bullying based on caste, religion, or color. Living in Hungary, I anticipate gaining valuable exposure to an international learning environment and expanding my knowledge on a global scale. The low cost of living and the effective communication in English further make Hungary an ideal destination for my higher education journey.

Upon completing my Computer Science degree, I aspire to develop applications and websites that contribute to societal well-being. Coming from Pakistan, a country still developing in the field of IT, I am motivated to serve my nation by introducing technological advancements akin to East Asian countries. Furthermore, the flexibility offered by a CS degree aligns with my cultural context, providing the opportunity to work from home, especially beneficial for women in our society.

My ultimate goal is to specialize in Artificial Intelligence, acknowledging its pivotal role in shaping the future. Post my Bachelor's, I envision pursuing a Master's in AI, with the aim of creating robots and machines that emulate human functions. I am inspired to contribute something unique to the field, elevating the technological landscape of Pakistan and making a meaningful impact.

As an international student, I foresee challenges such as a language barrier and sourcing halal food. However, I am confident in my ability to adapt and overcome these hurdles with time and resourcefulness. Learning Hungarian is part of my commitment, and the assurance of halal food availability from my friend provides reassurance.

My academic background, passion for computer science, and commitment to contributing to the field of AI make me a suitable candidate for the scholarship. I am eager to embrace the academic challenges and cultural experiences that Hungary offers, contributing positively to both my personal and academic growth.

Thank you for considering my application.
Sincerely,
XYZ

please let me know if this motivation letter is good or it needs improvement.
You first indicated that your reason for applying to the scholarship is the positive experience of your friend. You neither identified the name of your friend, the course he took, where he studied, and what his experience was. This should have been your opportunity to show the reviewer that your application is based upon personal positive feedback. Instead, you jumped to the results of your research which, in all honesty, took me by surprise since you seemed to suddenly switch gears on the reader. The personal experience would have a better effect than the research information. Your strict adherence to halal food could pose a problem for you in the future if you are admitted to the program. It shows a stubborness to not change and experience everything that the scholarship has to offer.

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for stipendium hungaricum, for BSCS (undergraduate),Pakistani student