Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation letter to study masters in material science word limit is 2500 characters.

tarunkp 1 / -  
My name is Tarun Kalpanahalli Prasanna, I am currently working for an aerospace company as a junior design engineer.

During my undergraduate studies in aerospace engineering, I gained an in-depth understanding of the principles of engineering design, analysis and optimization. But I became interested in the fascinating field of materials science because I was curious about the materials used in creating these complex aircraft structures. I am very interested in the function and durability of aeronautical component materials. Designing lightweight, strong and high-performance aircraft structures requires the ability to modify material properties to meet certain technical requirements.

My interest in materials science was fueled by my involvement in research projects focused on the development of advanced composite materials for aerospace applications. As part of a project, I investigated the use of carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP) for light aircraft structures. I analyzed the mechanical properties of CFRPs under various loading conditions and explored methods to improve their strength and durability.

I am deeply impressed by the first-rate research facilities such as the Georges Friedel laboratory, provided by the university. I also admire the latest publications, Dynamic Recrystallization Behaviors of Metals and Alloys and the Influence of Tailored Metal-Based Alloys on the Laser Beam Melting Process.

My short term goal is to research feasible methods to reuse carbon fibers, as they play a crucial role in all industries, but current recycling methods such as pyrolysis and solvolysis damage carbon fibers, thereby reducing their strength and rigidity. Additionally, I have a long-term goal to develop materials with safe, reliable, environmentally friendly and self-healing capabilities, and to contribute to the development of innovative materials for aerospace applications.

This master's degree will provide me with the knowledge necessary to realize my vision. I am confident that I can live up to the demanding standards of your organization. I request your consideration of the merits of my application.
Since you have an interest in strengthening the use of carbon fibers in an aerospace setting, why not consider using the ill fated Titan submersible as one of the motivating factors for your intereest in material science? You have referenced an interest in strengthening the material to increase its strength and rigidity, which was exactly the problem that Tita faced the day that it imploded under water. It would be the perfect vehicle to launch your motivation for further studies on the material. Almost all of the material science world became involved in that discussion at the time. It is not too old a topic to reference as a motivating subject at this point. In fact, interest in material science has increase since the accident happened.

Home / Letters / Motivation letter to study masters in material science word limit is 2500 characters.