Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Motivation Letter- Msc in Public Health at Debrecen

Pettypet 4 / 12  

Stipendium Hungaricum letter of motivation

Hi everyone.
Kindly help me review my motivation letter for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship. All views and opinions will be highly appreciated.

Here it goes.

Dear Selection Committee,

Having just graduated from the University of Kabianga, I write this letter to express my interest in applying for the Master's Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program in Public Health at the University of Debrecen starting in September 2022.

I got a deeper understanding and even a burning passion on how Public Health plays a key role in the healthy living of people during my first attachment at a health centre in Kakamega County, Kenya. My interaction with the locals helped me comprehend the deficiency of a stable Public Health system in the country, therefore, fuelling my passion to address this main problem. Additionally, during my internship at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), I got to interact with Port Health Officers and learned that most Port Health Officers are professionals from other slightly similar fields like nursing acting as Public Health Officers.

I believe that a well-informed Public Health Official at the table can be able to bring change and improve the current situation. This has been my motivation to further my studies in the Public Health field so that I can be able to learn the aspects of health policy and management, health systems, and also be a force of change in the local, county, and national government in my country.

I chose the University of Debrecen as my preferred institution to pursue this program as it is known as one of the best universities in Hungary that offers Public Health and has top researchers and experts who facilitate the course. The program is taught through collaboration between academics with world-class expertise and allows students to learn how to monitor public health problems as well as plan, implement and evaluate possible solutions to the identified problems. Studying in this university also offers opportunities for professional networking which will help me grow my network. Pursuing this Master's degree will not only equip me with knowledge but also open my vision more about preventive healthcare. I also intend to learn the Hungarian language and culture to break the barriers between me and the locals.

At the end of my study, I believe that I can use the knowledge and skills gained to contribute to the improvement and development of the Public Health Sector in my country and help find solutions to the inefficiencies experienced.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

Yours Faithfully,
The applicant does not provide any clear undergraduate education explanation that will show a strong and related academic relationship between his previous course and the current course of interest. A reference to the global, national, or local problem that the student wishes to solve is also lacking, most likely because the applicant does not meet the professional requirements of the scholarship. Internships are not always considered in place of the professional number of years an applicant has within the field of interest. The presentation of this motivation letter is too basic and lacking in more comprehensive representations of the prompt requirements to make it beyond the Step 1 - screening process. I am not confident that this motivational letter will help create a better consideration for the applicant.
Tulasse 1 / 1  
I really do agree with the consultant, there is no specific correlation with undergraduate course and also specific experiences and goals are not well explained

Home / Letters / Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Motivation Letter- Msc in Public Health at Debrecen