Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

"I work in the robot age" - About page of personal blog

idigitall 1 / -  
Hi, This is for the "about" page of my personal blog. I'd like to know if it makes sense.

Life is amazing. Unconceivably amazing. Incredible. One thinks one knows life, and then something new crops up which boggles the mind. Every day a new species is born and a species dies out. We thought life was carbon-based. Until we discovered silicon-based lifeforms. And now we have ammonium-based lifeforms. Every day the meaning of life is challenged. With different lifeforms comes different levels of intelligence. Is the rabbit self-aware? If the mouse knows the 'cheese' will electrocute him, will it still take the cheese? What is intelligence and where does it come from? Experience?

I work in the robot age, where there is artificial life and artificial intelligence. What is artificial intelligence? What is a neural network - in computer science terms? What is a Gabor filter? The saccadic search? I am passionate about life; the latest developments in technology, biology, physics, astronomy, and many more. On this blog I hope to document my findings, my interests, my amusements; I hope to share my excitement for my latest "cool" findings, and hopefully, convey them to you in a contagious manner where I hope you will catch this excitement.

In short, I dig it all -- do you?

<strong>Bio</strong>
My name is idigitall and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I'm 29. Married, we have one son. I am a computer engineer, I have a masters degree in Computer Science. When I am not typing, I am out enjoying the outdoors: fishing, swimming, climbing, and more.
EricJ - / 48  
It makes sense.

Small stuff:

With different lifeforms come different levels of intelligence.

I hope to share my latest "cool" findings in a way that makes you as excited about them as I am.

I think the use of contagious does not fit the mood that you are looking for.

Eric
cathchen 4 / 16  
For personal blog, it's good.
Life is amazing. Unconceivably amazing. Incredible. One thinks one knows life, and then something new crops up which boggles the mind.---I think the enthusiasm and positive attitude are great, but I want to warn you that these words to not affect the reader the way they affect you. I crossed out the sentences that give "truisms" that do not really mean anything. But I left one sentence alone, because it expresses a unique idea.

Only unique ideas are okay. :-)

EssayForum is amazing, inconceivably amazing. ----This means very little to the reader.
But...
Every time you think you have EssayForum figured out, it becomes something new. ----This is intriguing.

My other criticism is like this: On the Internet, if you say you are going to explain something, explain it right away. Do not invite people to click "About" and then make them read something philosophical and unrelated. Solution:

Switch the first and second paragraph so that it starts with this...
I work in the robot age, where there is we have artificial life and artificial intelligence. What is ...

Home / Letters / "I work in the robot age" - About page of personal blog