Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

effective or ineffective decision making and leadership - research question

msennie 1 / 1  
i need help coming up with a research question and description on a situation you have observed or experienced which depicts effective or ineffective decision making and leadership
Well, tell us a bit about what sort of situations you have been in or are currently in that give you an opportunity to observe people engaging in decision making and leadership. It is from that experience that you would derive a hypothesis about what makes for effective leadership. Then, you would turn your hypothesis into a question you could research. So, maybe you have worked for a small business and have noticed that the owner/manager often makes decisions based solely on their direct effect on the bottom line, and so implements policies that lower employee morale and customer satisfaction, indirectly worsening that which he seeks to improve. Then, you might wonder if this is something that affects small businesses more than large ones, and whether there is a point at which a company automatically begins taking the wider view once it hits a certain size.

Again, what you actually go with will depend upon what you are in a position to observe, so you will have to tell us that to get more focused feedback.
A good research question is one that you can answer through research -- with an experiment, or interviews, or case studies, etc. I'm sorry if that seems obvious to you! It's a tricky thing, research.

Well, you list some questions and ideas, I'll tell you my opinion. :)
OP msennie 1 / 1  
How about this
What are the ethical issues of office romance in an organization.How can an effective leader separate his/her personal issues from management of a business?
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
You'll do best, I think, if you can do as the assignment requires, and write from experience. The assignment asks you to write on:

on a situation you have observed or experienced which depicts effective or ineffective decision making and leadership

So, list all of the organizations with which you've been involved, not only workplaces but also sports teams, clubs, and the like. Then, for each one, think back over your experiences and observations. Can you recollect any instances of especially good or especially bad decision making? Especially effective or particularly poor leadership?

That process can help you decide on a situation to write about. That can lead to the formulation of a research question.

Home / Research Papers / effective or ineffective decision making and leadership - research question