Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

effects of weight consciousness to the high school students-problem statement

aienma29 1 / -  
i really need help to make or elaborate my statement of the problem..
this is the topic: effects of weight consciousness to the highschool students.

specifically, this study aims to answer the following questions:
1. How does being overweight affect ones self esteem?
2. why do slim people still diet?

how can i elaborate my statement problems.. please i need answers
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I am just going to fire off some thoughts on these ideas... I hope this helps

1) How does being overweight affect ones self esteem?
In high school, some teens are overweight, and their weight could be caused by many things. The root of weight problems is usually the diet. The other thing that contributes to overweight teens is their lifestyle, for example, less exercise and activity. These things result in a teen who is fighting a losing battle. It can be difficult for a teen to lose extra weight. This can be very frustrating, considering all of the additional stress of being a teen in school. This frustration can become mixed with other emotions and hardships, and can cause a teen to have a low self esteem. Being overweight can create a negative self image where the teen feels "not good enough" and/or unattractive. They could compare themselves to thin people or slender models in advertisements, and feel sad that they don't look that way. They may eat more or too much food, to "feel good" and then feel guilty later. This creates a cycle of guilty, unhealthy eating. Many families enable a teen to be heavy by encouraging eating (some ethnicity have a culture of eating big and hearty meals) or by eating fast food too often.

2. why do slim people still diet?
The word "diet" can mean so many things. A diet is the realm of food you are eating. Some people eat a low-fat diet, a gluten-free diet, a low sugar diet, etc. So... define the word diet first. I will assume you mean slim people watch what they eat, meaning eating as many healthy foods as possible. Some people are very aware of what they put into their bodies, and some have a fear of gaining weight, because they want to stay healthy and slim. Some people realize that junk food will make you fat if you consume too much, so they avoid those bad foods. I think that many people are slim because they are in a "habit" of eating healthy and they eat the "right" foods (fresh veggies and grains, etc.) Once the habit is in place, that person will continue to eat healthy, and continue to keep a slim body.
ace 5 / 66 5  
People spend too much time contemplating on their physical appearance. Dieting is one of them. You could mention that in your essay.
ademcelik 2 / 6  
Try to organize your thoughts before you write them all out, be simple, clear and concise. Stick to the point, say exactly what you mean, and you may want to point out a personal experience if possible. If you do these things, it will be easy to stay on the right track. Good luck :)

Home / Research Papers / effects of weight consciousness to the high school students-problem statement