Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Some solutions aimed at increasing students' attendance

ngocanh_97hanu 1 / -  

Some ways to raise school attendance

In an attempt to increase school attendance in the tertiary education, there are a number of interventions that have been implemented within schools and communities.

To begin with, raising student's awareness about the importance of regular school attendance is one of the most indispensable solutions to absenteeism. Moreover, Fayombo (2012) believed that with the cooperation of the government, the number of students absent from universities would decrease dramatically.

Furthermore, lecturers should improve their curricula materials and teaching methods through various teacher development programs (Fayombo, 2012). In addition, the lecturer should prepare their lectures carefully. In other words, Gagne (1985) claimed that the good performance of teachers at problem statement and their flexibility in teaching strategies can draw students' attention.

Most importantly, Wadesango and Machingambi (2011) suggested that expanding effective student support programs could be a good intervention to deal with difficulties at the university. Apparently, students need regular guidance and counseling services as well as career support so that they are able to cope with university life easily.
nguyenhien 1 / 2 1  
with every solution,you should explain more clearly for it.One paragraph should be only about a solution.Conclusion should be separated into another graph
Chu, this research paper is severely flawed. The most well developed portion needs to be the thesis statement. That is the first paragraph of the essay that delivers a number of information, which outlines the upcoming discussion / research paragraphs. The thesis statement is not clear in the paragraph although you did deliver a topic sentence and an expected outcome of the discussion. You must develop the background of the student attendance problem and why it is imperative that solutions be found to the problem. Without that background and logical presentation of the upcoming discussion topics, the thesis statement doesn't really help to increase the interest of the reader.

The succeeding paragraphs are too short as these rely mostly on the quoted text from other sources. There has to be another side to the discussion and that is, the public side that you can either discuss as part of your research presentation or as your opinion. It depends upon what the required parameters of the discussion is for the essay. Either way, you must increase the discussion per paragraph in order to show a thoroughly researched and properly considered discussion of all related factors.

All things considered, this is not a complete research paper. It is an early draft at best that has an expansive room for improvement. Don't leave the paragraphs so short. Depending upon the word requirement or page requirement of your teacher / professor, you might want to consider delivering more information or explanations of the content of the paragraphs. That way the reader can get a more personal presentation of your discussion, but not necessarily your opinion regarding the topic.

Home / Research Papers / Some solutions aimed at increasing students' attendance