Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

What subject to choose from for business English class?

asianbm 4 / -  
HI there,

I am a student at Cal Poly Pomona, as i'm taking a course in english. for our english class we have to write a research paper and we have to "select a subject form your major that interests you," but i am having a very hard time choosing a topic/subject.

My major is in business as an accountant.

please can anyone figure what subject i can do it on.

thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

It can certainly be more difficult to choose a topic when the options are so wide open. I would suggest thinking about the reasons you chose that major. Why do you like it? What aspects of it interest you the most? Is there a particular area that you are thinking about specializing in? Are there certain tax laws that you think should be changed, which would affect accountants? What about ethics? Occasionally, there is a news story about an accountant who mishandled his clients' funds and ended up in jail. Could you write about one of those cases, or about how to avoid ethical problems?

If none of these ideas appeals to you, I would suggest you start with making a list of all the subtopics under accounting that you can think of. Then choose one of those subtopics and see if you can narrow it down further. You'll have to do a lot of narrowing to get from a broad topic like "Business" or "Accounting" to something small enough to handle.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / What subject to choose from for business English class?