AAS - Gifted Education. Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

arumdalu 2 / 3  

Flinders University in Adelaide - scholarship essay

According to the report released by Ministry of Education and Culture of Indonesia in 2018, there were only 0.3% of special needs students and only 1.01% special schools in Indonesia. However, meaningful statistics for gifted students are lacking. This is the evidence that the concept and system of gifted education is not widely adopted by The Indonesian Educational Institutions and Educators. Consequently, there is a great need for educators to raise awareness. This would be problem a for Indonesia while setting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially in 'quality education'. By studying gifted education in Australia, I hope to become an advocate and a counselor for talented students.

Gifted Education at Flinders University in Adelaide has excellent courses, which can help me improve my professional capacity and equip me to design education curriculum. For instance, there are four compulsory units in the course, namely, Conceptions of Giftedness, Intelligence and Creativity, Curriculum and Differentiation, Program Design and Evaluation, and Affective Development, which consists the core of gifted studies and are strongly recommended. Furthermore, one of the senior lecturers, Dr. Jane Jarvis, has written a book 'Exploring Gifted Education' and one her journal articles, 'Defining a Coordinated Approach to Gifted Education' which gives the students the opportunity to study from the experts.

Moreover, They have a community center called OASIS that has captivating programs for the students. One of it is Global Connections and Conversations Groups, which aims to connect international perspectives and develop confidence through discussion. Being an assosiate of the international community, I believe will shape me to be a better communicator and thinker.

To sum up, Flinders University offers a perfect combination of learning experience, developing skills and bolsters professional goals of students, while offering excellent courses on gifted education.
Reverse the presentation of your first paragraph. Make the last sentence your opening sentence instead. It creates more of an effective hook than simply opening with researched information. While the research is relevant to your application information, the reviewer just won't be interested in numerical statistics until it becomes necessary for him to do so.

The reason why you chose the university is just a run-down of topics from the syllabus. The reviewer would care less about that. You may want to think more about your educational aspirations and what programs the university offers that can help you achieve it. For example, discuss that one reason you chose the university was the author of the book who teaches there. What is the relationship of your learning goals to the professor, the book, and the class being taught at the university? What is the professional application of that exposure?

You need to beef up the organization presentation. It is too shallow to make a difference in your application. Try to explain further. Does it have a network that you can use to develop some program upon your return to your home country? How will your exposure to that organization help your academic plans and professional aspirations? Develop a stronger reason to be interested in joining that group.

The essay has potential, it just misses the mark on several levels at the moment. A revised essay should fix those problem points though.
OP arumdalu 2 / 3  
@Holt Hi, thank you for the feedback. I already changed some points you mentioned and It reframe how i address the reasons.

Home / Scholarship / AAS - Gifted Education. Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?