AAS - Knowledge / Skills / Procrastination - examples of use, as well as the constraints

Day999 4 / 15 3  
Instructions/questions
Please:
a. give up to three practical examples of how you intend to use the knowledge, skills, and connections you will gain from your scholarship. Possible tasks can be personal and/or professional; and

b. list any possible constraints you think may prevent you from achieving these tasks.

Answer

constrained by procrastination

Australia Awards Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship one can achieve in order to study further in the desired field. After completing the study, I will be equipped with sophisticated knowledge and skills, as well as having connections with great people. I will use these advantages that I will have gotten as good as possible.

First, the university and courses that I propose will provide me with knowledge of teaching and linguistics, as well as how to be a good educator. I want to share this knowledge with my future students in hope to hone their English skills, and/or their understanding in linguistics if I become a lecturer one day. In addition, as an educator, I also want to inspire them to understand how important education is to better their lives.

Second, broad knowledge is nothing if we do not have sufficient skills to transfer it to others. By the end of the study, I will have better teaching method comprehension, as well as experiences in teaching English in a classroom. Of course, this will be very beneficial for any place that I will be working in. Good teachers and educators are defined by how good they are in transferring their knowledge to others, are they not?

Third, while having knowledge and skills are important, we are still social creatures who can never stand alone. This is where good connections play a role. I will have people whom I can ask for an advice, professionally and personally. Also, their positivity will surely have an impact on the way I think and behave. As people say, positivity is contagious.

However, these things that I have stated might be constrained by one thing: procrastination. I have to admit that I am easily distracted by things around me and sometimes, it is quite hard for me to get back on track. But, I have my own way of "constraining the constraint", such as writing a self-reminder of what I want to achieve, limiting myself from avoidable distractions, etc. Power of will is the key to solve this.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I think that your essay is promising. However, I do have a few recommendations that I believe will contribute to its content and structure.
It would be a great addition to your essay if you could expound your three points with anecdotes or specific moments in your life wherein you realized that these were necessary for you. For instance, in your first point, if you seek to discuss how you want to be a better educator, talk about a time that had inspired you to start teaching in the first place. Talk about what had made this passion truly important for you. If you can do this, you'll be able to get the hearts of the evaluators more. This means that you can make them understand how truly important these aspects are to you.

Furthermore, I would also suggest that you expound more on your constraint. You only gave a brief idea of it. It would be appreciated if you could expound specifically on why this is important. Perhaps you can talk about a time you had overcome this constraint; and how this circumstance has made you a better student overall.

Best of luck.
OP Day999 4 / 15 3  
I see. So, it is basically adding my personal experiences into it, right? from admin: New review only for an Urgent thread..

Thank you so so much, Maria. I greatly appreciate your help. It broaden my insights and also truly motivating for me. Thanks again.

Home / Scholarship / AAS - Knowledge / Skills / Procrastination - examples of use, as well as the constraints