Applying for a Ph.D. in International relations leading to diplomacy or an expatriate; KGSP SOP

Peaches07 5 / 20 6  
Please Please Please help me out here!
This is my statement of purpose for the KGSP Scholarship.

I am grateful for the help!!

Goal of study & Study Plan
o Goal of study, title or subject of research, and detailed study plan

recipe for my education

I am pleased to apply for a Ph.D. in International relations leading to diplomacy or an expatriate. My degree was gotten from Greenwich university, one of the top five universities in accounting at the time of my studies and graduation hence the experience invaluable. There was to be no thesis but at Kingston university where I did Banking and Finance as a master's student, I carried a thesis on 'Basel III and its impact'. At the time, Basel III was just be implemented and the fears and speculation of how it might affect the industry rose a curiosity in me so I took it up and it became my thesis topic. Though not easy to gather information because of the fact it was just being implemented, it didn't stop me. I am always ready to put in effort in whatever I set my mind to do and I achieved my goal completing my thesis. The same efforts can be seen at the undergraduate level. I believed that my efforts gave me strength as I worked hard outside of my academic to support myself during my studies. Though this affected my grades, I saw it as a motivation. For missing out on achieving a second class upper by two percentage point I was sad. Even when I was sick at a point I studied through it and wrote exams like everyone else. I see this as a skill being able to push myself hard to remain focus - the goal in front of me greater than my weakness. Because in the end, I attained my degree.

Though my degree and master is in the accountancy field I have reasons to want to study international relations in Korea.
I once heard my dad said even when he was not a great position to help, a group of university students had approached him to solve their problems regarding my state not being represented at the federal level of government. I could see he was stressed having said he could not get in contact with others who he had organized to solve the issue with. Seeing him trying hard but to no avail to contact the others and to get the matter solved I suggested to my dad to do what he can and leave the rest and his response has been my motivation in life and this Ph.D. subject. He said ' the look up to me to help them and I can not leave them when the need me the most'. It is the same for me, I too, who do not like to see or hear injustice being done to anyone I would like to use my course and work in the future to serve whomever I come across. For living for others is living indeed.

I also have sisters, and uncles who work for the Immigration Service, customs, and their work motivates me and would like to become like them.

Their work entails looking, solving issues related to immigrants or as it is otherwise known citizens in diaspora. The issues ranging from getting a residence permit, studies, deportation amongst other responsibilities. I have heard and seen so many diasporas suffer because of lack of information or guide that could make them otherwise enjoy life abroad. So many whose search for a safe haven would get stranded, suffer and in worst cases get deported (recently the number of those being deported have risen a great deal) having not made any plans they suffer as a result. While I can relate to this, I feel they could be better equipped. So I intend to focus my study plan on these areas. To pursue this course, I am of the view that I can work with the Korea Centre or embassy or any Korean multinational corporations having acquired the skills of working in a multicultural environment. I have recently joined InterNation, a great community for international people. I will use this medium to network with great minds and use my experience to better guide others. I would look to advise through conferences or guide book encourage the importance to think and plan just like the study plan is letting me. The conferences or share of information to universities platforms will target the empowerment of people who wish to travel abroad. Universities would give information to aspirants looking to go but not limited to those looking to go abroad but also those abroad to retrace their steps, change the thought of 'I am right to doing what is right'. I will explain the statement thus;

I was talking with some friends and the discussion was on how some charities that are meant to attain a goal helping the poor or needy, less privilege give themselves (Staff or executives) so a bulk paycheck. A friend said with this, there is no reason to donate to any charity. Another said, not everything has to have a reason 'for not every penny you put into a project or risk taken pays off' and I said in 'the end, it is not about being right but doing the right'. We are all right most of the time and when that happens what then? The thought should focus on doing the right thing at the right time. If one loves to or would like to travel abroad, does she or he have the necessary fund, capabilities, and support to do this? For these and other facts being considered would ensure they become better prepared, are able to withstand and go through studies, work and living abroad meaningful and worthwhile. By not equipping oneself so many have lost their way and this is still present.

No one should be denied the right to an education so to educate, excite, and empower the beauty nerds, workaholics, and worthy living in all of us I will look to learn new or refresh the current ways.

Future Plan after Study
o Future plan in Korea or another country after study in Korea

In Korea, I would be a pleasure to work for the JJJ corporation as a diplomat but not limited to diplomacy work for as long I am able to give back what it is I have learnt and I am able to grow as a person and as the work allows me.

The corporation would no doubt equip me with more skills, experience and so that even outside Korea it would be seen and benefit the other organizations and or countries I would work for in the future.

I hope to travel to Canada as my sister who resides there have been inviting. Working with the United Nations in Canada would make me happy as well I know that I can achieve this fate (United nation's worker) outside Canada - around the globe. The opportunity and view of this mean anywhere possible is my aim. My country, and where ever the need for my profession and me is wanted.
Patience, I will not be able to help you with this essay because you are panicking and in the process, breaking the rules set for the use of this forum. You must only post one essay per thread, not two essays. So close this thread, open a new one, post one essay, then create another thread and post the other essay there. Will you please calm down! This is not the time for you to be panicking! I will be unable to help you if you are so nervous that you cannot even follow instructions at this point! Post the essays in the proper manner then I will help you. Calm down. You will accomplish nothing this way. Do it properly or risk getting suspended. If you are suspended, all the more you will panic because you will be on your own. Work on one essay at a time. Otherwise, you will work yourself into an unnecessary frenzy. You have time to do that, provided that you calm down first.
OP Peaches07 5 / 20 6  
Good morning Holt,

I went through the guide. What I did was post this thread as a new and not an addition to the self introduction one. As I am aware I am allowed to open two threads at the same time and this is what I did. Please look into this for me and if I'm correct could I now open this thread.

Thanks
Nope. Remove the future study plan and I will advice you on the first essay posted. The post study plan is a separate essay topic and, as you can see from all the other KGSP scholarship study plan essays here, is posted as a separate thread. It is a separate essay because it requires a full page presentation, just like the other 2 essays that you have to develop before this one. So remove that thread or close this thread, and post a single essay with a single title for the study plan, Then advice a few students and proceed to post the post study essay after that. That is the proper procedure for posting essays here. I strongly suggest you close this thread first because you cannot edit the content anymore at this point. I'll wait for your proper posting and advice you as soon as it goes live.

Home / Scholarship / Applying for a Ph.D. in International relations leading to diplomacy or an expatriate; KGSP SOP