Beliefs you hold strongly to. I'm determined to dedicate myself to the academic rigours of STEM

smolfish 1 / -  

Describe, in less than 300 words, the values and beliefs you hold strongly to

Underneath the mountain high coursebooks lies a yearbook filled with photos of my family and friends. These captured memories and more paved the boulevard to my strongest belief that this is the group of people I am willing to share my success with. Never in my life I was this determined to dedicate myself to the academic rigours of STEM.

I have spent days crying in my bed when one line of code collapsed after another. I have experienced a catastrophic failure of one mechanism that almost turnt a project into a fire hazard. I have spent months feeling remorse for an accident that cost us the award in a national robotics competition.

Yes, I am aware that an undergraduate degree, a career in STEM is the toughest challenge I will ever face. Yes, I know my sleep schedule will be hauntingly poor during my undergraduate. Yes, I will try my very best to pursue a career in STEM. Why? To bring honor and lift my family out of what they are struggling with.

I see negativity as a drop of ink into a clear tub of water. One insignificant drop and everything turns black. Sprinkle some positivity and it doesn't work. My best evidence to this is an Arduino project where I attempted to create a miniature automated parking system inspired by a scene in Mission Impossible IV. My intentions were as ambitious as a civilian trying to dethrone the king of an empire. That's when I found out positivity isn't a sudden burst of water that can cleanse the tub, it is a continuous effort to proactively find something in your life that is positive. The world is inherently negative, but it is up to you to decide how much water to clean your tub.
The response that the student has created does not meet the prompt requirements at all. The essay that was developed is a personal statement addressing how the interest of ther student developed in the field STEM. It does not prove any value or belief that the student has used to develop his character through out his life. There is no other way to put it. This essay is not applicable to the prompt and therefore, cannot be used for the prompt it was intended. The writer must replace the whole essay. This version must be deleted due to inapplicability. It will do the writer well to research the list of values and beliefs that are known to many, which are often used as the reference response for this prompt.

Home / Scholarship / Beliefs you hold strongly to. I'm determined to dedicate myself to the academic rigours of STEM