The benefits of completing masters and contributions to the internationalization

Nariman kandil 1 / -  
Ever since when I was kid, I have always wanted to do something important. I wanted to be the childhood figures I'd seen in Cartoons, like Pocahontas. I would like to change like Mulan. When you are kid, everything seems easy, the world is at your feet and you have the mindset that when you get older, you can do anything. Now that I'm older nothing is simple, the world seems out of reach, and I know life isn't boundless, but it has many limits. As they say" life is not a piece of cake". So working hard and continuous struggling for the better is the only key solution as there's no time to be wasted.

When I was asked that typical question when I was young "what would you like to be?" My answer was a doctor. However, when I become a grown up and I have finished my high school. I found that my real passion was in studying Business sciences. When I entered the university I have found that I have made the right choice. I found myself in this science whether management, finance, accounting, marketing or Human resources. My passion for finance started in 3rd year when I took managerial and corporate finance. I also had my first practical experience when my father started to invest in securities. In addition, I become more and more inspired with finance when I held a moderator position in 2012 in ministry of finance in model council of ministers in American University in Cairo as I used to give sessions for the delegates. It's an extra circular activity that consists of different ministers that look for discussing different problems that face Egypt in different perspectives whether economic problems or infrastructure looking for solutions for better Egypt at the end.

My motivation behind continuing my study in Msc finance as I realized that my undergraduate education was only a starting point in the long journey and I need more critical skills to enhance my finance knolwdege. So I believe that completion masters degree in a York St john university will help me a lot in achieving my future career. As my main goal after finishing my masters is to work as a financial analyst in one of the multinational companies like proctor and gamble or Unilever. My second goal after completion masters degree is to apply this financial knowledge in solving some of the financial problems that Egypt face nowadays through the nongovernmental organization" Model council of ministers". Consequently, completion masters in such reputable university will help me in achieving these two main objectives as it will add to me a lot and to my knowledge, enhance my skills and broaden my thinking.

As many people say that in university you will have many opportunities to utilize your existing skills and talents as well as acquiring new ones. So I think that I could contribute to the life of campus positively through sharing a lot of good values and beliefs like working hard to achieve your goals, organizing the time, punctuality as well as participating in different extracurricular activities. As participation and good relationships with the community that you live in is something essential and important. I would try to become an effective international student that one could benefit from. I would also try to be a passive helpful international student. In addition I would share all my previous experiences for others to benefit from. In the classroom, I can contribute by joining the conversations and sharing my view points and encouraging others to do the same. I could also contribute my passion and my motivation in pursuing academic excellence as an important part of the learning community.
Ever since when I wasa kid, I have always wanted to do something important. I

I wanted to be the childhood figures I'd seen in Cartoons, like Pocahontas. I would like to change like Mulan.

As a child, I dreamed of being someone I found in my favorite cartoons; One moment I wanted to be like Pocahontas and the next moment I wanted to change to Mulan.

When you are a kid, everything seems easy, the world is at your feet and you have the mindset that when you get older, you can do anything.

... good point.... yes, you are correct!
When you are a kid, everything seems so easy. You feel the world is at your feet and you can do anything you wish.

Home / Scholarship / The benefits of completing masters and contributions to the internationalization