Briefly outline your vocational goals. Describe the factors that have motivated you to pursue your v

Oforiwaa 1 / -  
Hi everyone! I'm applying for a Christian fellowship and this is the question:
Briefly outline your vocational goals. Describe the factors that have motivated you to pursue your vocation. Be sure to reflect on your efforts to integrate your faith, learning and vocation.

My long-term goal is to contribute to a sustainable transportation network to meet the fast pace of urbanization in Ghana and other developing countries in sub-Saharan Africa. I believe a career in City Planning focusing on sustainable transportation and infrastructure planning fits my interests in transportation and a passion for international development as a means to improve regional integration in Africa. As such, upon completion of the program, I intend to move back to Ghana to work in either the public or private sector in the inner city.

This career decision was largely made after working in market research for a while. I realized poor road networks coupled with inadequate transportation infrastructure had impeded the growth of a product, which made it difficult for consumers and distributers to access it. Although the project's focus was marketing, I took particular interest in the distribution and transportation networks' aspect of it. This attracted me to the field of City Planning as I connected the transportation and development challenges around me with the physical, social and economic planning aspects of cities and communities.

Opportunities within the City Planning field in Ghana especially in the transportation sector also influenced my decision to pursue this vocation. These include a network for leadership opportunities as well avenues to impact on transportation projects. Prior to my decision to enroll in the masters in City Planning program, interactions with professors, alumni and professionals emphasized the vocation's geographically based yet highly impactful nature. Having travelled to different parts of Ghana for my high school and college education, the lengthened commutes due to poor roads were irksome. Unethical attitudes of transportation planners who designed and approved shoddy work executed by road contractors mostly caused these. With a desire to represent Christ in the City Planning field, I considered this a great opportunity to be in contact with and engage with stakeholders to improve transportation infrastructure in Ghana. I am of the view that whether in transit or airport, transportation facilities should be provided with values and integrity.

I was further motivated after reading Philip Bess's "Till we have built Jerusalem: Architecture, Urbanism, and the Sacred" and "Theology of the Built Environment" by T. J Gorringe which got me interested in building neighborhoods that foster community by making it accessible for gatherings in times of fellowship and devotion. I believe God has called me to serve the Christian community through building a Christ-led legacy of God's holistic mission as this career path enables me to have an impact both spiritually and professionally. My aim is to live an ethical career putting faith into action in transportation planning, which would help transform Africa.

What do you think about it? I would appreciate any suggestions and feedback. Thank you.
- This career decision wasis largely made after
- impeded the growth of a productthe market ,

- Ghana for my high school andthrough college education ,
- the lengthenedlong commutes due to poor roads were irksome.
- got me interested in building a neighborhoods that foster
- community fellowship by making

Oforiwaa, I hope my humble remarks help. Most of the remarks I made is very minor, just to patch a few words that can enhance your essay.

Going back to the prompt, I believe you have covered what is asked in the prompt, I'm not sure if you have a word limit though, reason I say this is because I would also like to suggest that you build your reason on choosing this scholarship and aside form the future goals what will be your short term steps in order to get to your long term goals, I wish you all the best in this application.

Home / Scholarship / Briefly outline your vocational goals. Describe the factors that have motivated you to pursue your v