My career vision is to provide the electricity to marginalized communities and rural areas in Sudan.

arwa7234 1 / -  
help me in career plan essay for chevening scholarship

My career vision is to one day be able to provide electricity to marginalized communities and rural areas in Sudan.

I want to specialize in clean energy, since Sudan have a lot of agricultural residues and also possesses a relatively high abundance of solar radiation I want to put my knowledge to the biomass and solar energy research field. They can be good alternatives to fossil fuels to provide part of local energy demand.

My short term career goal is to move to projects and planning department in the ministry of water resources, irrigation and electricity where I currently work, where I can take additional responsibilities and work to promote a sustainable and participatory approach to meet rural energy need by implementing clean energy technology projects.

Furthermore I want to help in building community support for renewable energy and also raising energy usage awareness. I will volunteer in the environmental organizations to develop awareness, knowledge and appreciation for the environment; I will offer my knowledge and skills by organizing events to help communities use energy more wisely, show people the ideas and principles of sustainability to be followed during their day to day life and how to reduce their carbon foot print at home to reduce carbon emissions and stop climate change.

My long term career goal is being in the team of one of the world's leading renewable energy companies which contribute in shaping the world's energy future; I believe that it will be great to be a part of something that impacts the world , I will explore new opportunities and solutions and can participate in various new projects.

I plan on enhancing my skills and continuing my involvement in renewable energy professional associations and I know I will never be bored because of rapid developments in renewable energy technologies.

I chose renewable energy sector because I want a career that will make sustainable difference to the world and planet and help to meet my country's energy needs.
mostafakadi 1 / 2  
sustainable difference a sustainable difference
planet the planet
local energy demand the local energy demand
to move to projects to move projects
Arwa, your plans should be more specific than this. Don't present just an overview of your career plans. The reviewer needs to see that you have a concrete, set in stone plan for your future career. So, you cannot just indicate that you have have a short term career goal. You have to set the time frame for it. The scholarship needs to see that you are razor focused on using your newly earned knowledge for the betterment of your career, field of work, and other related concerns. Usually, a 5 year career plan can prove this. The long term career plans tend to change depending upon the issues concerned with your short term career plan so I would not go so far as to mention those plans just yet. Only the immediate plans related to this course of study and scholarship should be reflected in the essay.

Home / Scholarship / My career vision is to provide the electricity to marginalized communities and rural areas in Sudan.