Unanswered [2] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Scholarship   5

Checking different internet articles to get information about AAS

Scholarship: Australia Awards Scholarship (AAS)
Program: Master TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages)

Please describe the efforts you have undertaken so far to obtain information on your study options in Australia.

sources of my info

I have known AAS from articles by AAS awardees on the Internet and my lecturer. From the articles, I was led to visit AAS official website to obtain the form and complete information related to AAS. AAS website is really helpful to me. It provides a completely detailed information about anything that I must prepare to consider my study options in Australia. Some lecturers of mine have been awarded AAS and through them I found useful information about it.

I managed to get a copy of AAS information CD from AAS website and I also joined scholarship seminars and social media forums to find more information about the study in Australia.

I visited the universities' website and read the handbooks to find specific information about TESOL program that they offer especially the courses in it. I also visited their alumni's blog to learn about how everything works in the university and the study environment. Early this year, I visited an education fair hosted by IDP Education to learn more about the TESOL program offered by the universities.

Dany, start from the beginning. The essay must be approached from a chronological order. When did you first hear about the AAS? From whom? Why were you encouraged to look into it? After you establish the foundation of your interest in the program, then you can accurately go into a discussion of the efforts you have undertaken to learn more about the scholarship. Just respond in relation to the AAS scholarship. Do not discuss TESOL in this instance as that is not a relevant part of the AAS. That is merely the scholarship you are applying for and not the scholarship foundation itself. That discussion should not be included here. Reorganize the overall essay so that is has a more logical presentation of the steps that you took to prepare for your application. Reflect a strong sense of familiarity with the program because of the information you discovered which led to your application. That is what the reviewer wants to learn about.
How about this one?

The first time I heard about AAS was in around 2014. However, I started to dig more information when I was applying it in 2016. I have known AAS from articles by AAS awardees on the Internet and my lecturers who were also awarded the schoalrship. From them, I was led to visit AAS official website to obtain the form and complete information related to the scholarship, such as the online application, additional information, required documents and priority field of study.

The website is really helpful to me. It provides a completely detailed information about anything that I must prepare to consider my study options in Australia. Also from the website I managed to get a copy of AAS information CD which I can use to get a better picture of the selection process, preparation steps before commencing the study in the university and information about the universities that participate in AAS. In addition, I joined scholarship seminars and social media forums to find more information with the other applicants and awardees about the study in Australia.
Reverse the source of information to reflect your professors information and then the articles online. That is the best way to indicate the progression of the introduction and interest that you developed for the AAS. There is no logic when you say that you learned about the AAS from websites first, professors second. You would not have known about the scholarship if you were not first told about it by somebody. Proof read the essay for spelling mistakes. I spotted at least one in the spelling of scholarship. Just proof read the essay, correct any mistakes, make sure that you are comfortable with your response and then consider the paper finalized. The essay responds well to the prompt requirement at this point. There is no unrelated or irrelevant information. Good luck with your application.

Home / Scholarship / Checking different internet articles to get information about AAS