Chevening in pursue of local, perspective leaders and influencers

Kseddiqi 1 / 1  

leadership is the way of thinking

Leadership skills are not mostly given at birth but I believe it is inherited through the hard work, dedication and enthusiasm for making the world a better place. My initial leadership experience came during my high school entrance ceremony "You are not any ordinary kid who have made it possible to the first international high school in the country but rather it is your hard work and dedication that led you pass through and these coming six years will be the metal pot for your career, that will melt down your energy in getting a foundry and specialized molds of educational enlightenment in making you tomorrow's leaders" said our Turkish Principle. Through the years of high school these words echoed the foundation of being a leader to my ears.

After completion of high school by 88% marks, I was able to get admission at the University of Pune, India. During my time there I was able to define the world outside the war life I lived; a true leadership can really boom a nation economically and socially. It was then that I understood the meaning of our principle's words that merely with educational excellence a leader can be born and be the change in a society. I was more committed than before to see the ease of economic development and freedom of democracy in our daily social life back in my home country. For the cause of educational enrichment I became volunteer in extracurricular activities by participating debate sessions in economical and socio political topics on developing and underdeveloped countries that yielded an ample knowledge of economics theories like Laissez Faire Capitalism, Keynesian Economics and Market Socialism. Moreover, these extra hours effort helped me develop a strong leadership, ethical, and communications skills by leading the debate batches from time to time.

After my academic journey in India, I was educationally equipped to step-in within the public sector as an active agent participating the rebuilding strive that was underway. Whereas, I have assumed key leadership positions within Education, Security, Public Health and Higher Education Sectors. The workplaces I worked with thought me to understand the empirical application of leadership, that it is not everything you should do by your own but rather to influence and motivate a group of people for doing the job right. In almost nine years of experience I have learned to lead, follow, inspire and influence people. For instance, during my job with Ministry of Interior Affairs I was the security contracts director and my role was civil and the enterprise was mostly made of military personnel, where most of the time the civil servants were overlooked with differences of age and work type by the military staff, during my time I showcased my leadership influence by overcoming simultaneous security transition projects that was left aside for a year and half. I earned the respect, belief and inspiration from the senior military teammates and subordinates that it is not the age and type of uniform that makes a leader but rather it is the way of thinking and doing things in the right way.
Sediqqi, your essay is all about the theory of leadership and your hypothetical leadership education. It is not about your leadership experience in the context required by the essay. While this makes for a very interesting personal statement, it is nothing more than that. A college level essay that does a very good job of discussing a topic of value to you. It does not, reflect the leadership experience that you actually have and as such, loses its direction in terms of delivering the necessary information vital to the consideration of your application.

You must write a totally new essay based upon the leadership experience that you gained while you worked at the Ministry of Interior Affairs. Before you write about it, I want you to first reflect upon 2 things of importance to the discussion of the prompt. What is the specific situation that forced you into a leadership experience? How did you work to inspire or influence your co-workers or team mates / subordinates to successfully implement your leadership ideas and objectives? Outline your response to these questions and then develop a draft essay that you can work with to improve which accurately reflects strong responses to these questions. The essay you create will be the new draft for your response to the leadership and influencing essay.
OP Kseddiqi 1 / 1  
Dear Holt, thank you so much for the head up and giving time writing to me, I was not satisfied with my response in the first place so had to give a second person's thought to it. i will do as you suggested. lets see how can i change the scenario.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening in pursue of local, perspective leaders and influencers