Commonwealth Development Impact Statement Part 1 - journalism challenges

Sanskriti 1 / -  

Development Impact Statement Part 1

Several challenges face journalism today including authoritarian governments, fake news and limitations relating to reportage in regard to capitalists funding the news.

In India, over the past few years, the government at the Centre has ensured to use its power to shut independent journalism completely. IT cells of the ruling party have been accused of running propaganda based on fake news. From 2012 to 2023, India's rank in the Press Freedom Index has decreased from 131 to 161. The inequalities among the majority Hindus and the minorities have increased significantly. An Amnesty International report of 2022 said that along with Muslims, "Adivasis and marginalized communities including Dalits continued to face violence and entrenched discrimination."

These issues have derailed the Sustainable Development Goal 10. 'Reduced Inequalities'.

I wish to study International Journalism to expand my understanding of global reportage and learn how issues in India can be reported to reach the maximum audience across the world. I wish to learn about nations facing similar issues and come back to India to report holistically for a larger audience and uphold the values of honest journalism. I will use my knowledge and understanding to work with Press bodies, media organisations and NGOs to fact check news and ensure it reaches people at local, national and international levels.
The impact statement you have chosen to use does not necessarily reflect the sentiments that you have presented as your reason for wanting to study journalism. There is a disconnection between the impact goal and the reasons you have listed. As such, this cannot be considered a useful impact statement. You need to find a more relevant impact goal or, change your explanation to better suit the actual purpose of the goal you have chosen to discuss. Your goal statement is actually lifeless because of the problem you have with the chosen goal. It lack passion and excitement in terms of wishing to help your government achieve equality. Perhaps it will be more lively once you figure out which impact goal would best suit your needs.

Home / Scholarship / Commonwealth Development Impact Statement Part 1 - journalism challenges