I can complete the proposed courses successfully Management & Implementation of Development Projects

shahid2483 2 / 6 5  
Inputs required to improve the application

There are several factors that I have considered while determining my three university courses under the Chevening scholarship program. My first consideration is to broaden my wisdom and knowledge in the area of leadership, organizational theory and project management. As these courses will enable me to attain the necessary skills to become a more efficient project management practitioner, I look forward to contributing towards successful implementation of various development projects in Pakistan. The second main reason is to study a degree backed by cutting-edge research to become a well-organized expert in this fast-growth business sector. It will of course enable me to put project management and organizational theory into real practice with an exciting business innovation projects. Similarly, the third and last reason for choosing the course is to sharpen my analytical capacities, knowledge and skills necessary to plan, implement and manage development projects in the context of low income economies and underdeveloped countries with fresh insight into best practice, via access to the latest academic research, success stories and case studies.

I believe to take away a range of transferable skills from academic study, as well as refine career-relevant skills in critical analysis, communication, cross-cultural understanding and teamwork. The core and applied skills subjects, Foundations of Management, Organizational Analysis, Critical Perspectives on Leadership, Organizational Learning, Knowledge and Innovation including project management, would provide me a perfect blend of academic recourse.

My chosen courses are strongly linked with my previous academic and professional experience. I hold M.Sc in Economics and have related working experience in development sector for building hope, securing future and ending poverty. I have managed and implemented various projects while working with different donors and NGOs in Pakistan at national, regional and grassroots level like National Rural Support Programme (NRSP), Sarhad Rural Support Programme (SRSP), Sindh Rural Support Organization (SRSO), Balochistan Rural Support Programme (BRSP), UNDP, USAID, ADB, IFAD, Plan international, World Bank and Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF).

Whereas, my plans for the future are to design, develop, implement, manage and evaluate community demand driven various development projects with innovative managerial and leadership skills to reduce poverty, identify socio economic issues and resolve conflicts. It will enable me to develop new skills to manage projects in capacity building, livelihoods, and collective/social enterprises in both private and public sectors. It will support me to enhance specialist functional areas such as social and economic development.

It will widen my specific people management skills including group work, negotiation, conflict management and political skills. I am assertive that with the proven track of educational and professional career, I can complete the proposed courses successfully. This will not only help to hone and polish my skills but also to transfer this knowledge to the poorest of the poor, marginalized and vulnerable rural communities in the less developed countries through effective policy making, management, leadership and implementation of development projects across the country at grassroots level
Bjkakakhel 2 / 4 1  
@shahid2483

poorest of the poor = poor

Amazing job done!
Shahid, first up, did you forget to list the 3 courses that you are considering applying to? I don't seem to see them in the essay at the moment. Due to the length of your essay narrative, I suggest that you use bullet points to immediately draw the attention of the reviewer to your course choices. I also suggest that you review your background information and future plans for length. More importantly, you should be able to connect your plans for future studies, previous academic training, and simple career plan with each of the specific courses. That is the proper format for a Chevening Study in the UK essay. The connections will help the reviewer understand the relevance, importance, and your skill set in relation to your chosen courses.

Your essay is really informative and delivers the important aspects related to your academic background, professional ability, and future plans. However, there is still a need to properly connect the courses with your abilities. It should not be hard for you to do. I am sure that the lack of course choices was just an oversight on your part.
OP shahid2483 2 / 6 5  

I have revised the first question can you please give me your quick feedback on the below answer..... How can I improve it further I am totally stuck with it......

I hold M.Sc Economics and have ten years of experience in development sector. I have managed and implemented various projects while having close coordination with donors and NGOs working in Pakistan at national, regional and grassroots level. But I felt that most of the projects were found far behind in terms of achieving project targets, objectives and goals within the given project timelines, except few success cases. The success rates of the projects were found very low due to poor project designing, planning and execution. Therefore, I decided to study in UK the following courses to bridge the desired gaps, as these courses are deficient in Pakistan universities, with the same international academic quality

• University of Bradford (Project Planning & Management)
This course will build my knowledge and skills in the planning and management of development projects and programmes. It will allow me to the critical understanding of the strategies, processes, techniques and issues involved in taking ideas for development and turning them into practical realities with identifiable outcomes and benefits. It will allow me to learn the theory and practice of management skills for project and programme management, focusing particularly on 'hard' and 'soft' skills for successful project implementation. This course will complement my immediate future plan as it will provide me a suitable ground to propose, design and plan development projects.

• University of Manchester (Management & Implementation of development Projects)
In Pakistan, every year millions of rupees have been invested on various development projects inappropriately, hence, there is low level of change in the socio economic condition of the poor and the economy as a whole. The reason behind such stagnancy is poor designing, planning, implementation and management of development projects. It focuses on the key areas project management that are found deficient in Pakistan that is why I have chosen this course as it will allow me to attain knowledge and skills necessary to plan and implement development projects. After completion of degree this course will support my immediate future plan of conducting freelance consultancies to different organization in Pakistan to understand to how to design and implement development projects.

• University of Birmingham (International development-Poverty, Inequality & Development)
This programme will enable me to study development with a specific focus on poverty and inequality, both key aspects of current development policy discourse. Issues examined include: poverty reduction strategies & cross-cutting issues this course is also relevant to my past academic qualification and professional experience. This course will sharpen and hone my skills to design and develop strategies to help alleviate poverty from Pakistan, with the implementation of different development projects.

In short, the above courses are relevant to my future plan and that is to design and manage development projects. I will transform the learning not only to the program objectives but also to my other team members & development practitioners across the country to fight against poverty and improved quality of life.
Your second paragraph that discusses the corruption and destitution in Pakistan needs a transition paragraph before you start discussing the course that you opt to study in relation to the previously presented premise. While I was reading that paragraph, I felt lost when it went suddenly from the discussion of our country to a sudden reference to the benefits you plan to gain from the course. Aside from that, since this is a study in the UK essay, you are expected to present some sort of connection between your plans and the projects that the UK are implementing in your country. That is an expected discussion as per the prompt requirements so you have to be sure to represent that in some way within your discussion.

Home / Scholarship / I can complete the proposed courses successfully Management & Implementation of Development Projects