Creations of great infrastructures - KOREAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2021 APPLICATION

shinkouuuu 1 / 1  

PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR KOREAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP

Hi, kindly review my personal statement, I have no one to check my personal statement so any criticism will do thank you!!

Buildings. Bridges. Railways. Tunnels. Skyscraper. These creations of great infrastructures never cease to amuse me. My amazement at the fact that the infrastructures had just been made by a people. As I grew up, I experienced to served as a volunteer participant and took part in a solidarity program organized by the Disaster Readiness Risk Reduction in my previous school, FEU-C, concerning issues about safe, adaptive and disaster resilient Filipino communities towards sustainable development wherein the increase resiliency of infrastructures is not yet established in the Philippines. I have seen and upheld them declaring their grievances to the government. We have let the DRRR talk their heart out to us. It was a fulfilling experience, and this eye-opener advocacy led me to take an interest in addressing safety and sustainability comfortable infrastructures for housing, transport, communication and industrial activities to meet the needs of a growing population. This youthful passion for the work of Civil and Environmental Engineering leads me to prevail I could succeed in this field. We are in a generation that has many concerns that have yet to be addressed, and it's one of the reasons I would like to pursue Civil and Environmental Engineering. This field plays a big role in society development, and it has a big potential to dig down the roots of the urban planning and sustainable development in the different places and issues present in time. Obtaining this degree can lead me to a prospect of analyzing complex safety built issues and establishing solutions for real-world problems. At this point, I have decided to devote my life to making a difference and important role in people's lives.

South Korea is famously known as a strong education system, making its way to the top in World University Rank as of 2020. Through Korea's exceptional education system satisfactory extent of professional exposure that comes along with it, I will be able to learn and connect the issues in our world between various disciplines. I believe that the four years I will spend college in Korea will be the most formative and beneficial to my growth. To be surrounded with intellectually competent people, Korea will be able to transform me into a more determined, purposeful and self-motivated individual. These motivations led me to view Korea internationally as an exciting learning opportunity. Furthermore, I would like to acknowledge what introduced me to the education system in Korea. My senior year in high school was in Far Eastern College Silang, Cavite. The FEU-C is known as student friendly atmosphere and prominent to International students especially Korean students. Back in 2017, FEU-C organized the "Inter-Program Friendship Games (International-Local Students Edition). This program gave me a chance to widen my own standpoint to the idea of studying in Korea. I had a brief chance to have a friendly small talk with some colleague students from different grades about the educational system in Korea. This meek and mild exchange of conversation and ideas had me captivated interest in the said country in both academic and cultural aspects. Additionally, when I was young child my father used to work in Korea as a factory worker. In spite of the recent changes to our family routine because of the distance, the adaptation of Korean culture affects us. Due to the diversified surroundings that my father brought us, change in views, and many other factors, the form of my family lifestyle have also become diverse. I began learning basic Hangul ever since my father introduced us to Korean dramas and through K-pop songs.

Building and designing came naturally to me, I've always served as a volunteer to design our Church ministry be it structures materials and interior designs. As a youth leader, I am responsible for lots of the things that are required for my ministry to function properly. In addition, I've always been doing a volunteer work to my ministry like teaching to different places for youth and children, I assured both academic and non-academic in place. I strived hard within the four wholesome years of junior high school. Untiring by the fact that I came from a financially challenged family, as a member of the dance community and competed with a hundred regional competitions every year, this made me a responsible youth and helped to make extra income whenever we won the competition. It was a blessing to have the opportunity to be admitted into the one of the Science and Technology high school in the Philippines. The Imus Institute of Science and Technology build up not just my thinking skills, but also my adaptability to diverse situations. I've joined various academic and non-academic activities concerning different fields, be it cultural and arts, performing arts, art, literature, debate, science and math related. Win or lose I am proud of myself and I have obtained perception of my own potential and have been discovered to what other can do that I cannot do at the moment. Those realizations helped me improve on my own and tackle further skills.

The Korea Government Scholarship Program designed to provide higher education for international students with the aim of promoting international exchange in education. Through KGSP it is an opportunity to me to engage myself in an endeavor whose aim is to further build and understand the real-world issues in different aspect of protection and preservation of the environment issues. Applying for this program is a chance for me to develop my expertise and skills to contribute a big role in society development. Concerning mentioning my personal trait I am a very good communicator and find it easy for me to relate to other people. My prior experience in volunteer has provided me with unique skills that I can apply to my degree. Ever since then, I truly enjoy excelling and pushing myself, I look forward to tasks where I can learn and grow, I believe learning Hangul and Korean culture will be the step out of my comfort zone. I have gone through hardships in my life, and I grew through them. KGSP will be my turning point eventually, after I pursue my undergraduate degree as an KGSP scholar, I will use my education to become a prominent engineer. As well as offer an information session through my own advocacy as an international student in Korea and aim to promote international students to have a standard high quality education in Korea to further to establish more a friendship among the participating country. Above all, I will build a bridge between Korea and Philippines, culture and academic-wise.
Your essay should fit on a 1 sided A4 sized paper. It should be a total of 2 pages, written on only one side of the sheet. You have used a total of 4 sheets for this essay. So you need to go and shorten the overall presentation. While you are at it, you should also remember to insert a paragraph about your parents and family background as indicated in the discussion instructions. Try to stick to the original topics provided for the discussion. Do not present unnecessary paragraphs such as the first paragraph. I realize that you think you have a gift for words, which is exactly the problem in this essay. You have to keep it short but informative. I hope you can do that because right now, you are really missing the mark in terms of discussion requirements coming from the application form.

Home / Scholarship / Creations of great infrastructures - KOREAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2021 APPLICATION