Home / Scholarship % width   Posts: 3

Degree in Law in South Korea - Personal statement GKS

Henry56 1 / 3  
I am writing to express my deep interest in pursuing an undergraduate degree in Law at a prestigious university in South Korea under the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS). As someone passionate about justice, human rights, and the power of the legal system to shape societies, I am eager to study in Korea, a country known for its strong legal system and commitment to democratic principles. This scholarship represents a unique opportunity to gain a world-class education in a field that I am deeply passionate about and to contribute meaningfully to the global legal community.

Throughout my academic journey, I have always been drawn to subjects that explore societal structures, human behaviour, and governance. My excellent performance in subjects such as history and political science, has fueled my passion for law. I have consistently ranked among the top students in my class, achieving high grades in these subjects. My academic curiosity was further ignited by my participation in various debate clubs and conferences, where I developed strong analytical and argumentative skills and also won an award. These experiences have solidified my desire to pursue a career in law, where I can apply these skills to advocate for justice and equality.

Law, to me, is not just a profession but a calling. It is a field that requires critical thinking, empathy, and a profound understanding of human rights and societal needs. I am particularly interested in international law and human rights, areas where I believe I can make a significant impact by addressing global challenges such as inequality, discrimination, and injustice.

South Korea, with its dynamic legal environment and commitment to human rights, offers the perfect setting for my legal studies. The country's legal system is an attractive blend of civil law traditions and modern democratic principles, which I believe will provide me with a comprehensive understanding of both domestic and international law. Moreover, Korea's position as a global leader in technology and innovation presents unique opportunities to explore the intersection of law and technology, a field of growing importance in the 21st century.

After completing my undergraduate studies in law, I plan to pursue a career in international law, focusing on human rights advocacy. My long-term goal is to work with international organizations such as the United Nations or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that champion human rights and social justice. I am particularly passionate about addressing issues such as gender equality, access to justice, and the protection of marginalized communities. I believe that the education and experience I will gain in Korea will equip me with the knowledge and skills necessary to effect meaningful change in these areas.

Studying in Korea will not only provide me with a high-quality education, but also allow me to immerse myself in a diverse cultural experience. I am excited about the prospect of learning the Korean language, engaging with Korean customs and traditions, and building lasting relationships with my peers from around the world. I am confident that this cultural exchange will broaden my perspectives, improve my adaptability, and prepare me to thrive in an increasingly globalized world.

In conclusion, I am confident that pursuing an undergraduate degree in Law in South Korea under the Global Korea Scholarship will be a transformative experience that will enable me to achieve my academic and professional goals. I am committed to making the most of this opportunity by contributing to the academic community in Korea, engaging in meaningful cultural exchanges, and using my education to advocate for justice and human rights on a global scale. I sincerely hope that you will consider my application favorably and grant me the opportunity to study in your esteemed institution.
Thank you for considering my application.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
You must underscore from the very beginning that you plan to pursue a degree in international law and not just law. That is a necessary clarification because the laws of Korea are applicable only to their country and therefore, limits their lawyers to practicing in Korea alone. However, as an international law student or as a political science student, you could pursue the practice of law outside of Korea in the NGO's that you mentioned.

While your writing is smooth an informative it is not a stand out piece. You do not have any references to notable accomplishments or influences that would push the reviewer to believe that you would actually be able to complete a legal degree in Korea. You need to strengthen those influences and achievements.
OP Henry56 1 / 3  
Merged:

Essay for the GKS scholarship 2024&25 law degree undergraduate

I am writing to express my deep interest in pursuing an undergraduate degree in Law at a prestigious university in South Korea under the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS). My passion for law developed over time, shaped by a personal journey that began in my school years and has evolved into a profound commitment to justice, human rights, and the power of the legal system to shape societies. I believe that studying in Korea, a country renowned for its strong legal system and commitment to democratic principles, will provide me with the education and experience necessary to make a meaningful contribution to the global legal community.My path to law was not immediate; it was sparked by a pivotal experience during my school years. Growing up, I was plagued by a fear of public speaking. Even interacting with people I admired, like my friend Anna Marie, was daunting. This fear led me to avoid participating in many school activities. However, my life changed when our school was preparing for a competition, and a debate script I had written was selected. My classmates encouraged me to participate, but I was paralyzed by the thought of speaking in public.On the day of the debate, I was filled with dread. As I stood before the audience, my nerves got the better of me-I stammered, sweated, and felt overwhelmed. But then, I remembered something my mother had told me: "If you're afraid, you can't achieve what you want to do. You have to be determined to achieve greatness." Her words gave me the strength to push through my fear. Despite my initial hesitation, I found my rhythm, and the debate turned out to be a success. This experience taught me that courage is not the absence of fear but the determination to overcome it.This moment was pivotal in my decision to pursue law. From a young age, I had wanted to become a lawyer, but my fear of public interaction made me doubt whether I could achieve this dream. However, my success in that debate ignited a determination within me to conquer my fears and pursue my passion for law with renewed vigor.Following this experience, I proposed the creation of a debate club to our head teacher, believing that it would provide students with a platform to develop their public speaking and critical thinking skills. The proposal was accepted, and I took on the role of leader, organizing topics, events, and competitions, even coordinating debates against other schools. My efforts were recognized when I received my first certificate as the "Best Speaker" in a debate competition-a milestone that marked the beginning of my journey toward achieving my dream of becoming a lawyer.Throughout my academic journey, I have always been drawn to subjects that explore societal structures, human behavior, and governance. My excellent performance in subjects such as history and political science has fueled my passion for law. I have consistently ranked among the top students in my class, achieving high grades in these subjects. My academic curiosity was further ignited by my participation in various debate clubs and conferences, where I developed strong analytical and argumentative skills. These experiences have solidified my desire to pursue a career in law, where I can apply these skills to advocate for justice and equality.Law, to me, is not just a profession but a calling. It is a field that requires critical thinking, empathy, and a profound understanding of human rights and societal needs. I am particularly interested in international law and human rights, areas where I believe I can make a significant impact by addressing global challenges such as inequality, discrimination, and injustice.South Korea, with its dynamic legal environment and commitment to human rights, offers the perfect setting for my legal studies. The country's legal system is an attractive blend of civil law traditions and modern democratic principles, which I believe will provide me with a comprehensive understanding of both domestic and international law. Moreover, Korea's position as a global leader in technology and innovation presents unique opportunities to explore the intersection of law and technology, a field of growing importance in the 21st century.After completing my undergraduate studies in law, I plan to pursue a career in international law, focusing on human rights advocacy. My long-term goal is to work with international organizations such as the United Nations or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that champion human rights and social justice. I am particularly passionate about addressing issues such as gender equality, access to justice, and the protection of marginalized communities. I believe that the education and experience I will gain in Korea will equip me with the knowledge and skills necessary to effect meaningful change in these areas.Studying in Korea will not only provide me with a high-quality education but also allow me to immerse myself in a diverse cultural experience. I am excited about the prospect of learning the Korean language, engaging with Korean customs and traditions, and building lasting relationships with my peers from around the world. I am confident that this cultural exchange will broaden my perspectives, improve my adaptability, and prepare me to thrive in an increasingly globalized world.In conclusion, I am confident that pursuing an undergraduate degree in Law in South Korea under the Global Korea Scholarship will be a transformative experience that will enable me to achieve my academic and professional goals. I am committed to making the most of this opportunity by contributing to the academic community in Korea, engaging in meaningful cultural exchanges, and using my education to advocate for justice and human rights on a global scale. I sincerely hope that you will consider my application favorably and grant me the opportunity to study in your esteemed institution.Thank you for considering my application.

Home / Scholarship / Degree in Law in South Korea - Personal statement GKS
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: