I have been engaged with humanitarian and development sector organizations. Chevening leaders

rizwan2787 1 / -  
Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers

I have been engaged with humanitarian and development sector organizations providing technical assistance in the area of quality and accountability since November 2009. I have implemented various projects for crisis affected communities of Pakistan and built the capacities of more than one thousand staff members of Community Based Organizations (CBOs), NGOs and International NGOs in Pakistan, who are directly involved in reducing the vulnerabilities of disaster survivors and providing them humanitarian assistance.

During my seven years of experience I have learnt that organizations are nothing with its staff. The success of any task/project depends upon how well staff members coordinate and complements each other. Being the Senior Program Officer, I always take view points of team members, always listen to them, if there is any de-motivation among them, I try to motivate them and incorporate their view points in programmatic decisions, as its gives me confidence and energy to do things accordingly. I feel like my democratic leadership style is one of my key interpersonal skills, which helps to achieve the project goals in an effective and efficient way. But at times, to follow democratic leadership style is bit challenging too because historically and culturally people of Pakistan are led by autocratic and bureaucratic leadership style.

I am also trainer, being a trainer one has to follow all leadership styles and adapt himself according to situation. Therefore at times during my training sessions I follow autocratic leadership style, at times bureaucratic leadership style or democratic leadership style, depending upon the situation and participant's learning styles.
Malek 3 / 13 4  
@rizwan2787
some suggestions:
technical assistant
providing capacity building courses for over a thousand...CBO's
and providing them humanitarian aids

Home / Scholarship / I have been engaged with humanitarian and development sector organizations. Chevening leaders