Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Environment and economic in Australia - Supporting Statement for AAS: Task 1

farkud 1 / -  
Hi everyone, please help me to review my first task in supporting document for AAS. Any respond will be kindly accepted. Thank you in advance!

How did you choose your proposed course and institution*?

Since I graduated from Geography and Environmental Science program, I am interested in environmental problems especially in Indonesia. Environmental problems in Indonesia are increasing due to economic development which is not sustainable and does not meet economic and ecological balance. For example, Jakarta, capital city of Indonesia, experiences land subsidence that causes sea water level rise. This problem is driven by massive industrial development in coastal area which does not pay attention to environment. According to that, I think development planning should be carried out seriously to decrease negative effects on development by making proper policies or educating people. In my bachelor degree, I joined a community service called "EGSA Mengajar". This program is aimed to teach children about how to protect environment.

In order to meet my passion to study about environment and economic in Australia, I did more research on several courses through CRICOS to find courses about environmental and economic. There are two attractive courses that are Master of Environmental and Resources Economics in The Australian National University and Master of Environmental Management in The University of Queensland. Having looked at their website, their subjects are suitable with my goals to gather environmental and economic course. I choose Master of Environmental and Resources Economics in ANU as my first preference because it offers courses not only about economics but also about policy, development, and environmental science while Master of Environmental Management in The University of Queensland does not offer courses about development. However, Master of Environmental Management in The University of Queensland also provides specialization is environmental economics.

Finally, I choose these courses because their subjects are suitable with my goals. In addition, they have good reputation which hopefully will gain success in my future career.

Home / Scholarship / Environment and economic in Australia - Supporting Statement for AAS: Task 1