'my family cannot financially support my education abroad' - Scholarship Essay

rohit3108 1 / 1  
Kindly Help me with essay pls...thanks in advance :)

I am standing at a point where my future stands in front of me like a dream. This scholarship will enable me to have a good quality international education and a step closer to my dream.

I wish to pursue xxxxxxx. xxxxxxx will not only provide better knowledge but also, give me better understating of the issues from a global point of view. In xxxxxx I'll get a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and understand how other people view issues of development in their countries thereby expanding my horizons. I aim to become a development professional. After Studies I would like to return India and join development agencies who are working for upliftment of poor and marginalized communities

Growing up in a xxxxxclass family is never easy. I had to cross hurdles like financing and lack of guidance. Thanks to my father's arduous efforts in financing the tuition fees, living expenses and mother for constantly motivating and supporting me because of whom I had the chance to pursue higher education. With my efforts firstly I was able to make to India's one of the best college for studying Bachelors in Business Administration and then making to a one of the best xxxx management school for xxxxx, next week I'll be completing my xxxx. In the quest of gaining more knowledge and skills related to development sector I pursued xxx special programme at xxxxxxx.

Except for engaging in academic aspect, extracurricular activities and field projects comprise a large portion of my student life. I enlarge my personal network via participating in events and organizing them. As a volunteer I leaded the team of volunteers from 70 different countries and contributed toward the success of the commonwealth youth games. I was selected by NABARD (apex bank in India for agriculture and rural development) to do a project on microfinance and livelihoods. Furthermore being field project coordinator of xxxxxx Course, I was able to help my batch mates in getting good organizations for doing projects. These experiences helped me in realizing my career in development sector.

Explaining my financing situation, my father is engaged in small business related to computer hardware; he's the sole earning member in the family. His income is xxx US $ (almost xx INR) per month. This amount should cover routine expenses like housing expenses other expenses related to business. For my xxxx I have taken bank loan of xxxx US $ (almost xxxxxx INR).

Therefore my family cannot financially support my education abroad and I cannot see myself asking my parents more money nor can I approach to bank to provide or extend my loan.

Given my history of commitment to excellence in academics, extracurricular and learning's from internship projects, I am confident that I will enrich the program with my knowledge, Skills, multicultural experiences, self-motivated and open nature. Furthermore, my background as an international student can bring even more diversity to your program and learning environment.

I hope this letter can clarify my situation and help convince you why I need this scholarship. At the end I want to express my sincere appreciation for giving me the opportunity to explain my financial circumstances.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I look forward to your favorable response.
chalumeau /  
Before I help you with this letter Rohit, will you tell me about your career search?
What jobs have you applied for? What positions interest you? If you are admitted to
UPEACE you will be expected to write proposals in English and live in Costa Rica--possibly not the best situation for you.

I applied for scholarships as an undergraduate and made the mistake of picking a school where I needed the scholarship. It was torture for 4 years as the scholarship depended on my GPA. My parents did not let me choose my major, nor did they let me transfer. One or more of the professors in my department building told me that I would never make it my freshman year! To make matters worse I was terribly allergic to something in the lab---my eyes would be red and watery after every single lab. Shortly thereafter, I would experience a headache for a couple hours. Every time I asked for help, I was yelled at and threatened by a parent. Every week for nearly four years!

My advice: Do not select a school that you cannot afford without a scholarship--especially if the scholarship depends on GPA or other factors. You can't predict the future.

It sounds as though your parents have helped you financially in the past. You have or will be finishing soon your MBA. Why not try to work locally first? I think you are smarter than you realize. Also, I would try to improve your English if it's necessary for work.
OP rohit3108 1 / 1  
Dear chalumeau,

Thanks for Help....ur answers are below... :)
1. I am interested in development sector, if we take todays scenario india being a developed country is attracting lots of international and national development and donor agencies , so there is requirement of qualified candidate who has view of development issues from global perspective.

2. I do not have job in hand...so want to purse another degree to gain experience and knowledge. This will help to make my career internationally.

3. Writing proposal will not be a problem for me as I have done little bit of it in my MBA. Living is not the problem. I have experience of living in one of the toughest tribal area of india.

4. I don't have financial support neither form parents nor from bank....so i am applying...

I have to apply soon as deadline is this Tuesday....Kindly help... :)

Awaiting for your response.... :)
chalumeau /  
Here's the best I can do for you.
One last question:
How will you write your papers in English at UPEACE?

It's much different at an English-speaking school.
You will be competing with native English speakers like me.
Better than I am!
Does the school offer a free service such as the one I am providing?

Home / Scholarship / 'my family cannot financially support my education abroad' - Scholarship Essay