Future medical doctor - my application for master degree under Chevening

ahmedzakaria24 1 / -  

Leadership essay for Chevening awards 2018/2019.

Former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower articulated this idea when he said, "Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it"

Since I started working in the medical field in the year of 2014, I got involved in different medical convoys to suburbs and less developed areas by organizing different field trips to remote areas, I helped to fundraise our trips, getting necessary equipment's, booking buses and getting sponsors to help in the medical convoy success. I faced a lot of challenges to make these convoys happen from convincing my colleagues to participate, donate and persuade their colleagues to take part in helping people. In these convoys I organized my colleagues in order of each specialty to make people entrance to different clinics much easier,I also had volunteer nurses who helped people in different kind of ways , like organizing entrance of patients, helping doctors to run tests to patients. I had the chance to gain a lot of experience in organizing such great events, helping people by educating them about different medical conditions they can face and when to ask help. I also had the opportunity to make lots of friends from the patients, fellow colleagues in these parts of the country to exchange information about different approaches such as medical treatment, investigations and assessments done to patients. As a medical doctor, I hope that doctors around the world help people who can't afford or have the awareness of diseases to help them from a humane point of view as medicine is a peace message to all people.
luciagonmun - / 1  
Hello, I think you should focus more in explaining how you exactly did to fundraise, what did you do to convinced your colleagues to participate and donate and all the influencing skills that are you mentioning, try to describe them and not just mention them. Also try to put your essay in shorter paragraphs cause its easier to the reviewer.
@ahmedzakaria24 This is a good foundation for the networking essay. It does not contain any leadership and influencing reference so it cannot be used for that essay topic. You will need to develop a new one that better presents your personal leadership philosophy and examples of your leadership and influencing skills within you profession. The best way to approach this essay is by figuring out what leadership style you want to depict in your essay based on your work experience. For example, did you ever perform as the team leader of a medical convoy? Pick the most challenging place you went to, describe the situation, and how you resolved the issues through the use of leadership and influencing skills. Don't just do a general narration of the event. Be specific and detailed. The reviewer needs to see the "how" of your leadership and influencing style not just the "reference" to the topics.

Home / Scholarship / Future medical doctor - my application for master degree under Chevening