My future plans on enhancing the quality of Indonesia's education

amaris95 3 / 3  
Hi, guys! Thank you for your feedbacks on my previous essays. They were all very helpful and supportive.
Here is my essay on the last Chevening's question. I am looking forward to read your comments, feedbacks or corrections! Cheers in advance :)

Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan. Please outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals. You may wish to consider how these relate to what the UK government is doing in your country. (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

post-study career plan for chevening

Young children and how they see the world through their eyes has always fascinated me. My motivation to advocate and raise awareness regarding the significance of early education upon Indonesia's young generation and improving Indonesia's educational structures and policies began as a result of my first employment at an international school in Japan.

It was during that period of time where I understood, and saw it first-hand, the amount of potential my country could achieve if only our government pays more attention in accommodating this age group and providing a better educational facilities and system for young learners as young as one years old. From living in Shanghai and Nagoya, there were several realizations that motivated me to make a considerable effort to understand better early childhood education such as, how little values perceived by Indonesians toward teachers particularly, private preschool and elementary school educators. They do not receive any consistent training and enrichment opportunities due to the fact they are not officially working under government institutions and/or live in rural areas. Therefore, as I learned that through British Council, the UK government has contributed substantial programs on enriching Indonesia's education quality like, Teacher Creative Education Program in 2015. I am looking to collaborate with mind-like visionaries from the connection I establish during throughout my Chevening year, on creating a program for regional and national teachers that trigger interaction and engagement among fellow educators which centre on various aspects of early childhood development such as creative, critical thinking for young learners, curriculum design, leadership development, because I firmly believe by empowering my fellow educators and giving them recognition that they are the catalyst of positive change, they will have more confidence in leading and students will learn and engage more with lessons once they find the class enjoyable.

Moreover, another issue that I viewed rather as potential opportunities to grow my initiatives on ECE in Indonesia is the fact that there are very limited early childhood centres around the rural area of Indonesia. I intend on building children centres that not only equipped with facilities that will allow children to develop their linguistics, cognitive, emotion and social skills through playing and exploring outdoor, but also providing local educators and parents a self-access learning hub where they can find learning and teaching materials to help accommodating their children needs.

From my journey in learning and broadening my universe in the UK, I will return to my country, giving back by applying the experience I attained into practice by working with NGO or government institutions in Indonesia and applying the research skills and the knowledge I learned about early childhood development and education. Since I am always open for improvement and feel that learning is a two-way process that happen consistently, I am anticipating the opportunities to develop further research and gaining network on early education and childhood development field with the time I spent working with these organizations, prior to starting my initiatives for better Indonesia.
Jennifer, this is a post study plan. The last thing the reviewer wants to read about is how your interest developed in this particular field. This is a forward thinking, forward moving, career development essay. This is not a reminiscing essay. You are approaching this essay as a personal statement, which it isn't. So you will need to write a more proper essay based on the following parameters.

1. Discuss what your immediate plans are upon returning to your home country and why it is important that you accomplish these plans on the short term.

2. Look for a UK supported project in your country that you can hook up with in an effort to help improve education in Indonesia. It can be a program they sponsor in your university or it could be an organization that relates to your profession. Whatever it is, just make sure that you highlight it as part of your essay because that is an element that cannot be omitted in the essay. It is part of the prompt directive.

3. Determine how your long term plans, say over the next 5 years can be affected by what you learn as a Chevening scholar and discuss how these plans can help to improve the education status of your country. Outline a simple plan of action if you can.

The point of this essay is to prove that you actually have a reason for your interest in this particular masters degree, that you will find it useful upon your return, that you are willing to help continue promoting Chevening through your association with a British supported project, and that your career will eventually show improvement because of the support you will be getting.

Home / Scholarship / My future plans on enhancing the quality of Indonesia's education