GKS-G Doctoral in Media and Communication - Goal of Study and Study Plan (Embassy Track)

hzal 1 / -  
Hello,
since I was able to graduate with my master's sooner than expected I decided to apply directly for this year's GKS-G.
I was working on my draft for the goal of study and study plan and I would love feedback on that since I'm afraid I ended up putting information that would be more fitting in the personal statement, thank you in advance!

The limit for the entirety of the study plan this year is three pages, and this section (without Language Plan or Future Plan after Study) takes less than one and a half

Goal of Study and Study Plan

My interest in design began with industrial design, as I was fascinated by the process of designing physical products that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional. However, as I delved deeper into the field, I realized that my true passion lay in the design and visual communication aspect of the process. I was intrigued by the power of visual communication to convey ideas, evoke emotions, and influence behaviour.

As I pursued my master's studies in design and visual communication, I began to focus more on the human aspect of design. I became interested in how humans interact with and respond to design, and how design can be used to enhance human communication and understanding. This led me to explore fields such as human-centred design, user experience design, and communication design, and analysing how written communication's medias changed and evolved.

Through my studies and work experiences, I came to realize that the field of media and communication was the ideal platform for me to further explore my interests in human-centred design and communication. I was drawn to the interdisciplinary nature of the field, which encompasses areas such as journalism, advertising, public relations, and digital media. I was also excited about the opportunities to study and research the impact of media on human communication and behaviour.

I firstly came across South Korea's advancements in media and communication during the first year of my master's degree, in a research for an assignment on Nam June Paik, a Korean-born artist who is considered to be the father of video art. As I researched his life and work, I discovered that he had played a significant role in the development of video art in the United States in the 1960s and 70s, and had also made important contributions to the field of media and communication.

Through my research on Paik, I became interested in the broader context of media and communication in South Korea. I learned that the country had undergone a significant transformation over the past few decades, particularly in terms of its technological advancements and its impact on media and communication. As I continued to explore this topic, I found myself drawn to the ways in which South Korea's advancements in media and communication were shaping the country's culture and society. I was particularly interested in the ways in which digital media and social networks were transforming communication and social interaction in South Korea, as well as the ways in which the country's cultural exports were shaping the global media landscape.

As I delved deeper into this topic, my interest continued to grow. I was fascinated by the ways in which South Korea's advancements in media and communication were shaping its culture and society, and by the opportunities for research and exploration in this field. I was particularly intrigued by the interdisciplinary nature of the field, which brought together areas such as media studies, sociology, and cultural studies.

As a doctoral student of media and communication, my goal is to become a leading researcher in the field of media and communication. I aim to contribute to the field by conducting original research that advances our understanding of the role of media in society, and by developing innovative approaches to media and communication that address contemporary issues and challenges.

To achieve my goal, I plan to deepen my understanding of media and communication theories through courses, seminars, and independent reading. I will take courses in media and communication theory, media sociology, media psychology, and other relevant fields. I will also attend seminars and workshops offered by the university, and I will read extensively on the topic. Concurrently, to conduct original research, I will strengthen my research skills: it is my intention to attend workshops and training sessions offered by the university and other organizations on research methods, data analysis, and academic writing. I will also seek feedback from my supervisor and other faculty members on my research proposals and drafts. Lastly, to enrich my academic experience and develop other skills, I plan to participate in extracurricular activities offered by the university and other organizations. I will join student organizations related to my field of study, attend cultural events, and volunteer in community service activities.

Overall, my interest in South Korea's advancements in media and communication began with a specific assignment on Nam June Paik, but grew as I discovered the broader context and implications of this topic. Through my ongoing research and exploration, I hope to contribute to our understanding of the ways in which media and communication are shaping our world and to identify opportunities for enhancing communication and understanding in our increasingly interconnected and complex society.
You guessed right. You somehow managed to write a personal statement / motivational response rather than a goal of study essay. My advice would be to delete this essay in totality so that you can give yourself room to develop a more related goal of study. There is no real study plan referred to in this essay either. By the way, those are 2 different prompts and considered 2 different essays at this forum so you have to post those separately in individual threads. Otherwise your thread could be edited for content or deleted.

It is also because you are trying to write a combined goal of study and study plan that you are not achieving the necessary presentation requirements. Note that there are 3 pages allotted this year? That means, you have one page per topic to use for your presentation. It does not mean that you need to write a combined 3 pages at once. Take it one prompt at a time then combine it in the manner that the instructions tell you to, by simply deleting the writing instructions before submitting the paper. By using one page per prompt, you can better focus on presenting the appropriate plan of action to the screener. Go for individual explanations for now.

my goal is to become a leading researcher in the field of media and communication.

So this could be your goal topic. Answer the question; "Why is this your goal?". Consider why was your goal to study your doctoral in Korea? What is your end goal ? I noticed that you just used a one liner for a goal reference then jumped to a study plan that does not really show a proper goal achievement / progression. Since the two have to relate, you need to fully explain the academic and professional goals that you have for the improvement of this field in your home country and how your goal of exposure to the Korean field can help you achieve it. Develop the study plan after you have created a feasible goal of study discussion. The study plan should be developed around your learning and occupation related goals.

Home / Scholarship / GKS-G Doctoral in Media and Communication - Goal of Study and Study Plan (Embassy Track)