GKS/KGSP Essay Study Plan Language (BEFORE and AFTER you come to Korea.)

vbastos36 1 / 2  
Please guys, can you give some feedback and help me improve this little "essay"?

PROMPT:

Study plans to improve foreign languages (Korean, English, etc) required for taking a bachelor's degree course.

BEFORE and AFTER you come to Korea.

- English Language: As I already have a certain level of proficiency in English, I plan to develop my skills even further during lectures and presentations held in English, both in my university and in the language center, as well with foreigners that I may encounter during my study stay.

BEFORE I GO TO KOREA
- Korean Language: I already started to learn the Hangul and its composition. Besides being a really hard task, since it is a totally new alphabet for me, I dedicate a certain time of my day to practice it and learn some words.

AFTER I GO TO KOREA
- Korean Language: During the first year of the intensive language program, I will dedicate most of my time to learn Korean outside the classes. I already searched for some methods to improve language-learning, and I plan to immerse myself in the Korean community and practice every day with some peers. I believe that this is the best way to learn some unknown language and to get a better grasp of other cultures
You should be presenting the information in an essay / paragraph form. You do not need to outline the plans. Rather, you should be showing a connection between your current preparation for your language skills improvement and your future plans to improve your language. Develop your plans equally for both language. Just because you have some English proficiency does not mean you do not need to continue developing it in the future. Explain how you plan to improve your English skills in relation to your Hangul usage. The two go hand in hand. If you can understand Hangul, then you should be able to translate it to English and vice versa. The idea, is to prove that you will be pursuing language development courses in both dialects to help you improve your student skills. So, how do you plan to do that? Expand your explanations. These are mere topic ideas. You don't really explain how you will use the available sources at your university in Korea, and the social crowd of your classes, to help you become proficient with both languages. You need an expanded discussion for the essay. These are only outlines and brainstorms. These are not actual Language Study Plans as you are expected to present it to the reviewer.

Home / Scholarship / GKS/KGSP Essay Study Plan Language (BEFORE and AFTER you come to Korea.)