Home / Scholarship   % width   Posts: 4

Gks-U medical major personal statement

Beacon of hope 1 / 1  
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of an ambulance speeding by. Its siren echoes through the silent streets. As you lie there, your heart pounds and instead of a eeting sense of fear, you feel a surge of helplessness and determination. You realize then that your dream of studying medicine is about more than science or prestige; it's about the opportunity to make a dierence and be present in critical moments when lives are at stake. This realization fuels your passion and sets you on the path to becoming a healer, a beacon of hope in dark times.When I was in high school, I had a group of three friends and we called ourselves DOCTORS and that was because our career dream was to become medical professionals. Being in the top 3 students of our school, our academic results gave us condence in the path we wanted to choose, and also reassured our teachers about our dedication to our dream career.However, although we all had the same dream, our thoughts were dierent. One said she wanted to become a healthcare provider because she wanted to be honored and respected by her family members because her aunt, who was also a healthcare provider, was someone her family looked up to. And the other said that because she wanted to own a hospital, I couldn't go against them because we weren't raised in the same family environment, and in general my thoughts were dierent from theirs, and this is why.As a child, I grew up in a rural community where life was hard. At that time, I had a friend who was suering from leukemia. As a child, I did not know it was a serious illness until my mother passed away when we were 13 years old. After my brother passed away, my family and I moved to town. At that time, I was lled with loneliness, curiosity, and sadness. I'm very curious to know why she died at such a young age. I later realized that she was only treated with local herbs because there were no standard medical professionals at the community clinic and her family could not aord to admit her to a standard local hospital. city through his sister when I graduated from college. I was 16 years old at the time and that's when my inspiration to become a healthcare provider came about. I decided to be a beacon of hope for everyone who needs it, regardless of their nancial stability.I took the high school entrance exam and was accepted into the science department. It inspired me and gave me more energy. I started working towards my goal of achieving academic excellence. I was also a member of the school's JETS club and was able to represent the school in many outdoor competitions and win prizes on behalf of the school.On the other hand, to gain more knowledge about my dream course and also to help my family nancially, I started working in a pharmacy where I learned a lot about medicines and injections. I learned how to prescribe medicines for minor ailments. I also learned that there are prescription-only drugs called POM drugs. It was not an easy process for me, but I was able to focus because I knew where I was going. Unfortunately, when I was promoted in my second year of senior year, my father lost his job and our family's nancial situation began to decline. My brother was in college and had to go back to his hometown to work before he graduated. This made me very sad because it started to aect me in my studies as well as at work. My boss noticed this and asked me for advice. I explained my situation to him; he

realized that I was ready to give up and he advised me to search for fully funded scholarships online, and that is when I found the GKS scholarship. I watched videos of scholarship recipients and testimonials from graduates. I also followed the step-by-step process on how they could get the scholarship and started preparing since then.As an aspiring medical student with a passion for healthcare and a desire to make a positive impact in the world, I was delighted to have the opportunity to apply for the GKS Scholarship Program 2025. Coming from a humble background with limited nancial resources, I have always understood the value of hard work, perseverance and determination to achieve my goals.Studying medicine has been my lifelong dream, driven by a deep commitment to serving others and improving healthcare outcomes in underserved communities. Despite my nancial limitations, I believe that my dedication to the eld, coupled with the support and opportunities provided by the GKS Scholarship Program, will help me realize my academic and professional aspirations.I believe that my academic background, volunteer experience and personal qualities such as empathy, resilience and cultural adaptability make me a strong candidate for this prestigious scholarship. I look forward to immersing myself in the rigorous academic program, hands-on clinical training, and research opportunities that the GKS Scholar program oers, knowing that these experiences will not only help me become a qualied healthcare professional, but also help me contribute to society in a meaningful way.I am grateful for the opportunity to be considered for this life-changing opportunity and I am fully committed to making the most of it. With the support of the GKS Scholarship Program, I am condent that I can overcome nancial obstacles and focus fully on my academic and professional development in the eld of medicine. I look forward to contributing to a diverse and dynamic community of researchers, learning from renowned faculty, and ultimately realizing my dream of becoming a competent healthcare provider. Furthermore, I look forward to strengthening the relationship between my home country and Korea in an extremely positive way.Thank you for considering my application. I am excited to join the 2025 GKS Scholars cohort and embark on this transformative journey to reach my full potential as a future healthcare leader..

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
Please review your paper for several spelling errors. For some reason, your keyboard seems to be selective about typing the letter F. It is missing from the spelling of several keywords in your presentation. These consistently misspelled words create a very difficult essay to read on the part of the reviewer.

The story you are telling is imaginative but not always aligned with the prompt requirements. You do not need to dfiscuss the background of your friends, nor their desire to study medicine. They are not the applicants, you are. So focus the essay solely on your response to all of the writing guide instructions that will help highlight your abilities as a potential scholar.

I am not sure why you are also using a selective response for the essay. You seem to be choosing which writing instructions to discuss when you actually have to discuss all of those in your writing, without being too imaginative or creative in your answers. You need to be realistic. Do not spend too much space on discussing how you found GKS and why you chose it. The reviewer is not interested in that. In fact, you should be explaining why you want to study in Korea, not why you chose the GKS scholarship.
OP Beacon of hope 1 / 1  
Alright sir thanks so much for the correction
Vera24 3 / 13  
@Beacon of hope
Focus on making the essay more concise by emphasizing the key moments that shaped your passion for medicine, and clearly connecting these experiences to your future goals. This will strengthen your narrative and make your application more impactful.

Home / Scholarship / Gks-U medical major personal statement
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: