Home / Scholarship % width   Posts: 3

God's plan for me - Gks undergraduate personal statement for medicine

Octavia_20 1 / 1  
I remember coming back from pre school one day while I was cross the road to the other lane, immediately I heard a big crash and two bikes had collided against each other both the riders and passengers were severely injured with blood over and open wounds, everyone gathered round them but no one could do anything and I thought to myself If I was one of those injured passengers is this how I would have been left lying on the ground with the medical attention that could cost me my life. I felt sad that I couldn't do anything myself, I went home shaken and afraid. Every since then I was motivated to become a medical doctor to save life, I also remember watching a lot of medical movies such as (House, grey anatomy, good doctor etc) and my passion for medicine grew stronger.

With this mindset serving as my major drive upon completing my junior secondary school I joined the science class in senior secondary school. During my senior secondary school subjects such as biology, mathematics, chemistry and physics were my core strongest subjects. I was the laboratory prefect and one of the best students in my department

While growing up at a young age in my community there wasn't much medical knowledge and medical system, I watched some of my family members passed away due to lack of medical team and supply. I remember reading gifted hands by Ben Carson in secondary school and he became my mentor. I read his novels and publications. Despite coming from a broken home, lack of financial support, slacking in his studies he was still able to win a scholarship and become the first neurosurgeon to operate on conjoined twins and was a success since then I told myself I can do it, I was going to be great, I was going to be the first medical doctor in my family, I was going to bring awareness to town,villages and countries who lack simple medical knowledge and I was going to make a change to the world at large. My love for kdrama especially medical kdrama made me grow passion for the country, learnt some of it language even took a course on Korean language, learnt it culture, history and traditions. I dreamt of going to South korea and study, did my research and found out if ranked top 20 for studying medicine and it stands out in aesthetics, provide great environment for learning with top teachers and doctors, gives students opportunity to practice and help students gain more skills and real world experience which makes me want to apply for medicine in your great esteemed university.

I was part of the Red Cross society both in my primary and secondary school and I held positions while in the society were I was taught how to administer first aid treatment. While working as a quality assurance I was opportuned to be trained by medical personnel were I learnt how to give cpr, what to do when someone faint or is convulsing and i administered first aid treatment to staff. I also did some volunteering work in my church and community when first aid treatment was needed

During my completion in primary school I got gifted as best in science and while in secondary school I was best in mathematics, I also have a certificate in korean language and other skills I acquired as time went by such as (Virtual Assistant, cybersecurity, data analyst, digital marketing, graphic designing, fashion designing and hair styling).

Due to lack of funds I had to forfeit furthering my studies which made me run different jobs but when I found out about the gks program I knew it was God plan for me and I hope to get in and make a difference for your country and the world.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15189  
2 days ago   #2
Remove the reference to medical television shows as inspiration for your desire to become a doctor. Reviewers prefer that you do not include fictional medicine accounts in that discussion because you will be disappointed when you begin studying and it turns out to be far different from the TV show. Students whose foundation are television shows normally quite the program even before they reach the middle of it.

Your grammar in the essay needs a lot of editing work. I realize English is your second language so there is a tendency for you to not express yourself clearly in the paragraphs. Try to work with an editor who can help you do that. We actually offer private editing of essays for a fee. Inquiries about that service may be coursed through my email address below.

Kindly review the writing guide again.There are several necessary information presentation sections that are not provided in your current essay. Kindly make sure to highlight all of the required information in your revised paper.
OP Octavia_20 1 / 1  
2 days ago   #3
Thank you for your feedback

Home / Scholarship / God's plan for me - Gks undergraduate personal statement for medicine
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: