Why I am a good candidate for scholarship? Life experiences / management skills.

Wezi 1 / -  

My interest in supply chain profession

At the age of 21, I developed a deep interest and passion for the supply chain profession. At this moment, I had done some studies to the level of Graduate diploma in this field. With this passion, came a hunger and desire for career and knowledge progression in this field. I remember setting up academic goals in my journal for the subsequent seven years as follows: to attain my first degree at a set period and then further study for a master's degree in Supply Chain Management. This pushed me to get to the degree and also led me to apply for a master's degree at ...........as I have the desire to expand my knowledge in this area.

Over the years of study and work, I have amassed a set of skills that position me as the right candidate for this scholarship. I have learned of being a creative and an innovative individual in my workplace by coming up with solutions that help to solve problems. For example, I recently developed a fuel reconciliation sheet that will simplify the whole reconciliation process by digitalizing to process. This skill rightly knits with............. as it shows that the course I applied for is built around research that is driving innovation and change across the globe. I therefore look forward to embracing the innovations of .......... as I also pour out my innovative ideas in regards to my course and other activities I may be involved in at the university.

I have also been able to perfect my leadership and management skills. This has applied in both my faith and academic lives as I have also been given the position of chairman for the youth at church and group leader in class assignments respectively. I am confident that these skills will benefit the student community and the university at large be it in our class or in sports as I will be able to lead and manage depending on the task at hand.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
A few notes:

1. Watch out for repetitive descriptions. What this means is that when you are writing, try to omit words that are unnecessary. Instead of adding too many details that cloud your essay's content, try to keep your descriptions concise. Doing this will enhance your overall writing.

2. Watch out for your usage of punctuation.

3. Appropriate capitalization is necessary.

4. Evade using multiple, consecutive periods as this does not necessarily contribute anything to your essay.

When you are retelling an experience, try to avoid merely mentioning what had happened. Instead, try to involve feelings into the equation. Doing this will create a more intimate, personalized approach to the essay. (see your second paragraph)

Your third paragraph is also quite overblown with redundant words; and it also full of lengthy sentences. This makes the essay exhaustive.

I would recommend revising it to something like:

I have been able to perfect my leadership and management skills through being a Chairman for the Youth at church and a group leader for class assignments. This has effects on both my faith and academic lives. These skills will benefit the student community in the university. [...discuss more in detail here why the scholarship necessitates that these traits persist]

Lastly, I suggest that you try to incorporate more details regarding your life experiences on the matter. These will make your essay more personalized and intimate for the readers.

Best of luck!

Home / Scholarship / Why I am a good candidate for scholarship? Life experiences / management skills.