Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders

karam 1 / -  
Hello, I'm applying to a Chevening scholarship and would like some feedback on my essay

Q 1 - LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION

Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

Answer :
The most important thing I learned when I was young in age is my mother's words of wisdom: faith, confidence and judgment; faith that things will resolve themselves, confidence in your abilities and trust in your judgment , that's help me me to look forword , face difficulties , solve problems , insisted on achieving success.

I have had a leadership skills that can influence people in my work and society , for instance when I started my work at 2012 as a designer and manager of the website of university dealing with 40 people who r development websites managers and coordinators of 16 colleges and 6 department of the university in addition to the main website there were problems in the work which I checked them and planned to succeed in my work ,I talked to website's managers and motivated them to work hard togather and develop our websites to raise our website's ranking and the success wouldn't be mine only but it would be ours , then we worked them hard and I continued training and motivating them,so after 5 months of work we raised our ranking from 17 to 14 in (1/1/2013) in the world webometrics ranking of universities , the rector and lacturers were so happy and thanked me so much.

In 2011 I held human development training for 33 students in secondary school about self confidence enhancement and leadership skills and adviced them about how to convince their parents about what kind of courses to choose in college(it was the important problem they were facing ), they were communicated with me to aknowledge me how they were benefited from training and tips . Also in 2007 and 2013 I held lacturs about the constitution , civil society and human rights for youth and women in for election (because there was a great ignorance among people about these issues) especially women who wouldn't have confidence to vote for a woman ,therefore I did my best effort in my lactures to enhance self confidence to stand for election and vote for woman,then many young people who were convinced by my words they haven't elected only woman , but they were guiding others , so that led some of women candidates to get high votes and higher than some of men candidates.

Home / Scholarship / LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders