'a life changing experience' - Application letter for a semestre abroad scholarship

manebellamy 1 / -  
Hey guys, i'm new here and i'm applying for a scholarship. English is not my first language and is 3:54 in the morning, and i couldn't even run it through spellcheck, because my word office is too damn weird, so i know there are plenty mistakes to correct. I'm sorry, please bear with me.

The application letter (declaration of intentions) has to answer to the following questions questions:

- Why do you want to study a semestre abroad
- Academic interests
- Profesional interests
- Intentions and Activities after finishing studies and the return to my country.

DEADLINE IS APRIL 12, so your help and input will be much apreciated.
so yeah... here it goes:

An international education can mean everything, especially for a foreign language student. It will enable the aquicition of a higher quality education in the field, and surely give an advantage on resumes and job possitions, but I think the experience of studying abroad goes beyond the academic field.

There is something very extraordinary about being in a foreign enviroment. When you find yourself surrounded only by the unknown and out of your comfort zone, your capacities are pushed to their limit, and is just then that you will actually get to know yourself. Personal growth, independence and development are main factors of college life, and the accomplishment of those can only be enhanced by the experience of studying abroad.

I've known i wanted to study abroad for a long time. As a young girl I had an insatiable thirst for discovery and knowledge, i dreamed about life elsewhere and . As a young woman however, this desire became more concrete and plans started to be made.

It has been a thoughtful decision, made not with the intention off running away, or escaping my everyday life and reality, but with the intention of broadening it.

Cultural exange would enable me to take my search for further knowledge even further. First of all, it would help me to improve my English language skills enormously. In a world that is so gobalized but at the same time suffers from great cultural divisions, language is one of the few resources we have to build bridges among nations, and English as a wolrd language is a necesity.

The semester abroad program would allow me to fulfill many other academic aspirations. Along with completing my college requirements and becoming profecient in the lenguage of English, I aspire to take a part-time course that allows me to get a grasp on a third language (french, german or swedish). I also hope to take a course in Europan or American culture (which are offered as elective courses) so that I may become more familiar and understand the society to which I will be inserted to. And finally, as I've found myself very interested in literature throughout my entire life i very much look forward to find courses that allow me to explore this subject in depth.

After completing my studies abroad, and if the oportunity presents itself, i'd like to travel around and get to know differnt cities and their culture. At my return to Chile i'd continue with my normal activities, eventuallyi'd finish college, get my degree and i'd finally do what i had been waiting for since 2009, i'd finally look for a job and get to teach to kids of all ages. Eventually i plan to continue my studies and get a Masters degree, but for now i'm focused on the task at hand.

I will do my best and try to succeed, because i'm confident that i have the capacities to make of this oportunity a life changing experience, and because college is one of the most defining stages in life, what you do, and most important, who you come to be in this process will set a path for your future life.
It will enable the aquicitionacqusition of a higher quality education in the field, andthat would surely givebe an added advantage on my resumesand job possitions . (make a stop here)butHowever , I think the experience of studying abroad goes beyond the academic fieldachievements and help broaden one's exposure and perspectives.

There is something very extraordinary about being in a foreign enviroment. When you find yourself surrounded only by the unknown and out of your comfort zone, then your capacities arepushed to their limitbecome fully utilized . ( The word limit tends to confuse the reader and hence I changed the way it is said. I also suggest you to make stop here to improve clarity)and is just then thatThis is the point that you will actually get to know yourself. Personal growth, independencetthinking and development (of what?.... you cannot say personal development because you have already touched personal growth) are main factorsfocuses of college life, and the accomplishment of those can only be enhancedbest achieved by the experience of studying abroad. ----------- this is a good para with a very good argument that answers your first prompt very well. Very good thinking behind it !!!!

I've known i wanted to study abroad for a long time. As a young girl I had an insatiable thirst for discovery and knowledge, iI dreamed about experiencing my life elsewhere and . As a young woman however, this desire became more concrete and plans started to be madeI began planning to make my dream a reality.

It has been a thoughtful decision, made not with the intention off running away, or escaping my everyday life and reality, but with the intention of broadening it.--------- I suggest the following for this sentence;Therefore this decsion of mine is one that has been made very thoughtfully with the intention of broaderning my perspectives. And hence it doesn't reflect my idea of running away or escaping my everyday routine life at all.

Home / Scholarship / 'a life changing experience' - Application letter for a semestre abroad scholarship