I would like to study in Korea in order to get valuable, precious and sophisticated education

Phyu Thant 1 / -  

Self-introduction for KGSP 2017

Dear KGSP Team,

I would like to introduce myself for KGSP 2017. My name is Ms. Phyu Phyu Thant from Myanmar. I was born on 13th August 1988, so my age is 28 years old. I studied Information Technology at Technological University (Monywa) in 2004 to 2008 to get Bachelor of Engineering Degree and I also continued to study for Master Degree at Mandalay Technological University from 2009 to 2011. I came out from my family house since I got a job. I am government staff as Officer from Department of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (DTVET) Head Office under Ministry of Education (MoE). Currently, I serve in Nay Pyi Taw, Union Territory, Myanmar. I have eight years work experiences in teaching and office process work (administration). Now, I would like to reapply for Master Degree in Korea because of our background education system. Therefore, I would like to start from the steps that I can be responsible.

I would like to study in Korea in order to get valuable, precious and sophisticated education. Today is computer based technology era. Every machines or things are based on computer system. The countries that develop IT are the most developed countries all over the world. Korea is also a developed country. We would like to imitate Korea's developed things like education system, TVET system, national competency standards, life-long learning system and the part that is responsible by regional government to rebuild our nation. Korea's culture is friendlier than other countries for our Myanmar because we watch Korea Drama on TV every day. Our Myanmar needs to develop quickly and its geographical does also help to develop. And, I can get a lot of international friends and the methods to reform Myanmar. Therefore, I hope that I can include as a part when our nation reestablish after studying in Korea.

I have decided to study abroad, in Korea to increase my professional abilities. I am really eager to become an IT professional and learn more deeply about database system, network security, web design, embedded system, programming language (Java). I will cooperate with other students and teachers, and professors from University that I attend to acquire the knowledge and experiences.

KGSP has motivated me to continue my studying in Master Degree in Korea. I have also another one motivating to apply KGSP. Last year, I had been Korea to study school management training for TVET schools Myanmar sponsored by HRD-Korea. I studied many things such as TVET policies, TVET roles, responsibilities and duties of teacher and principal, decentralised system, dormitory system, teacher certificate, teacher training institute, campus life, fitness centre, cafeteria, etc. And in weekends, the representatives of HRD-Korea took our group to study Korea's cultures. Our group also went to markets ourselves by metro. I really like Metro system in public transportation. It can reduce the traffic jam mostly. While we were going, we can find Korean citizens' mind. They are helpful, kind, and generous. Those facts encourage me to apply KGSP. When I arrive at home country, studying in Korea is appeared in my mind as a dream. Therefore, it includes as one of my three dreams for my life. First of it is to attend at abroad by getting scholarship. I encourage myself always to get scholarship because our nation is poor country. To save our nationalities, we must prior TVET education system to gain a job per person. Only TVET education system is the way to relief them. For that, firstly I must upgrade my existing capacities myself and then I must share the getting knowledge and experiences with my colleagues and finally I must teach the young people all over Myanmar for human resource development. In this program, they offer adequately the expenses for the scholarship students; one year language program and the chance to select Universities that the students would like to enter. Finally, I would like to say that this program is a hope for developing countries' nationalities such as Myanmar.
Phyu, it would be best if you format this letter as a normal essay because that is what is it, an essay. However, if you feel that you would like to keep the formality of a letter of introduction in your essay then that is fine. There are no hard rules regarding the format anyway. Let me start by saying that you have written a pretty good letter of introduction. However the letter that you wrote focuses too much on the last parts of the self introduction requirements of the letter. The following are the required information for this letter:

-Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
-Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to the KGSP program
-Your motivations for applying for this program
-Reason for study in Korea

Your work excellently covers the last 2 parts of the requirements, in terms of the motivations for applying to the program and reasons for study in Korea. It actually runs way too long in the letter. Far longer than it should. It would be best if you adjusted the content of your essay to shorten the motivation and reason part so that you can offer more of your personal background (course of life), point of view about life (as it relates to your hopes and wishes for your future or the future of your country), expand upon your college background in relation to your current career and how that background helped build the foundation for your interest in this masters degree.

When you discuss your reasons for studying in Korea, try to edit your presentation. You need to balance the academic reasons with your previous experience in Korea. Hopefully, you can better direct the content of the essay based upon the actual prompt requirements and deliver an excellent and highly competitive self introduction letter. You have very good credentials and, if presented in the proper manner in relation to the KGSP, you should stand a pretty good chance of getting past the first round of considerations.

You have a full single spaced, font size 10 page with which to complete this essay. Using the suggestions for the revision, i do not doubt that your paper will be one of the best that will be submitted to the reviewer for consideration.

Home / Scholarship / I would like to study in Korea in order to get valuable, precious and sophisticated education