Master of Energy Change - Why did you choose your proposed course and institution (AAS)

ranugraha 1 / -  

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

It is undeniable that the impacts of climate change are increasingly felt, especially in Indonesia, an archipelagic country. Gas emissions resulting from energy production significantly accelerate these impacts towards catastrophe. As a civil servant in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources and a father, this raises considerable concern for the lives of my daughter and the next generation, and I feel that I have a greater responsibility. It motivates and compels me to take an active role in achieving net-zero emissions. Transitioning to carbon-free forms of energy is a complex problem; this has socio-economic risks for countries dependent on fossil fuels. The right strategy is needed formulating regulations and policies for energy stability.

Australia has a reputation as a leading exporter of critical minerals and has expertise in energy efficiency and technology solutions for renewables. That's what strengthened me to pursue my master's studies in Australia. I have been searching for quite a while to choose a suitable master's program. I applied to the Master's Program in Energy Change at The Australian National University and the Master's Program in Sustainable Energy (Management) at The University of Queensland. Both offer the flexibility to choose the area of expertise among various exciting electives. I want to deepen my knowledge and skills in the energy system and other related fields, such as the linkages with aspects of technology development, economic aspects, social communication, and strategies for implementing regulations and policies. I believe this can open my perspective and improve my capability to contribute to solving complex real-world energy-related problems with knowledge, expertise, and experience, especially in the development of human resources in this field. In addition, with the diverse student background that will participate in this master's program, I believe it can enrich discussions both inside and outside the classroom.
You have chosen the same course at 2 universities, even if the names of the courses are different. The problem, is that you are lumping the 2 courses and universities under the same discussion considerations. That cannot be the case. Each university has a different student community and each course has a different focus in terms of teaching and training. These considerations are what comprise the actual reasons for choosing the course and university. These need to be detailed in your response, separately for each university and choice. The essay shows your motivation and passion, but a clear unfamiliarity with the chosen universities and courses. While your passion will be taken into consideration, your lack of actual academic and professional considerations are what makes this essay non-applicable as a response. Focus on what unique learning you will gain from each university and course when you revise the essay. The reviewer needs to understand what your considerations were when you chose these courses and academies.

Home / Scholarship / Master of Energy Change - Why did you choose your proposed course and institution (AAS)