MASTER OF TESOL - AAS - HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR PROPOSED COURSE AND INSTITUTION?

nopraaw 1 / 2  

educational practices in Australia

I am applying for a master's program in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). I have a high interest in developing skill and knowledge on educational practices such as language curriculum design, assessment, and evaluation within the diverse issues including culture, mother tongue, and communicative competence. I believe that this master's program can prepare me to cope with a specialty in the field of English teaching especially in theoretical approaches, practical teaching method as well as professional skill in reaching language learning and teaching goals in the diverse contexts.

My bachelor study on English Education has prepared me with a strong grounding commitment of English both theory and practical aspects of teaching in shaping myself rapidly to reach my future goal in the master's program. I learned Curriculum and Material Development, Methodology in ELT, Language Assessment and Teaching Practice as part of the bachelor study's requirement, in which I got the highest marks. Also, I involve in conferences twice both national and international levels as my contributions in writing the scientific papers. Then, I completed my bachelor study with the highest mark for my final-year undergraduate thesis on English Education. The expertise I got from my bachelor study made me aware that English Teaching should be strongly dominated by practical concepts as well as theoretical understanding. Accordingly, my experiences assist me to perform well for my future study.

I have done some research to several universities in Australia that offer a master's program of TESOL. I am specifically interested in both Master of Education in TESOL - The University of Sydney and Master of TESOL - Monah University. Both universities provide theoretical understanding and current methodology of language teaching as their compulsory unit. In addition, they provide professional practice of teachers of TESOL as a chance to transform the theory in a practical way.
afaf_93 2 / 5  
Hey,
you presented a very good letter, and I think you should include the numbers of your high scores especially your bachelor study mark.
Hope it helps you.
Good luck ^^
Novi, there are only 2 questions you have to answer in this essay. Why did you choose each course? Why did you choose each university? Each question has to do with your requirements for continued learning. That means, the second paragraph is completely useless in this discussion. Instead, you should be using 2 paragraphs to discuss the following:

1. Masters course 1 at XXX university
2. Masters course 2 at XXX University.

Name the course and the reasons why you believe that the university you chose can help you based on your previous related educational and work background. You can use up to 2 paragraphs per university, bringing you to a total of 4 paragraphs ( if necessary). Be sure to discuss the differences between the university approaches to the teaching of the course you wish to attend. They cannot have the same criteria, same offerings, and same accomplishments. They only offer the same university course by name, not by approach. It is the approach discussion that matters in this presentation.

Home / Scholarship / MASTER OF TESOL - AAS - HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR PROPOSED COURSE AND INSTITUTION?