Metaverse - GKS SCHOLARSHIP UNDERGRADUATE PERSONAL STATEMENT (CSE)

Apurba_unique 1 / 1  

Metaverse

"Metaverse is the next digital continent, a place of limitless possibilities." As a standard 8 student, I first learned about HTML. Since then, technology has grabbed my interest. I studied computer science in high school, and by the end of 2021, I was seeking for a place where I could master the advanced metaverse technologies. The Global Korea Scholarship stands out among the several scholarship programmes I came across. GKS offers students a different learning environment as well as a chance to learn about the culture of the country. Korea's technology and metaverse environment makes me look forward to the GKS program as a step in my pursuit of my goal, a goal to dive into the world of technology and create an environment for students like me to gain education and have fun on the way. Moreover, in most countries, Computer Science and Engineering are distinct, but in Korea, they are unified under the name Computer Science and Engineering. The opportunity to know more on the topic of software and technology has encouraged my interest in Korea to expand even further. This all motivated me to apply for the GKS programme.

I belong to a nuclear middle-class family. My father holds an LLB degree and works as a civil contractor. My mother has a postgraduate degree in politics and is currently caring for a family of four. I completed my middle school in S.A.I.E.R.C which is a CBSE afflicted English medium school in our area. My brother who is two years younger than me was also pursuing his education at the same institute. I was a timid kid at the beginning of my education years. However, my mother encouraged me to take part in a storytelling competition in class 4 and I won third place. After obtaining my first win, the joy of participating and winning was different for me, and I became competitive from that point forward. I've been competing with my classmates and have been in my class's top rank ever since. Along with my academic work, I have been involved in co-curricular activities as well. In 2013, I took part in a handwriting contest run by the STUDENT DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (MAHARASTRA). I also took part in a variety of literary activities such as debate, extempore, and speech and so on... I received several inter and intra-school prizes and brought honour to my school. I've always been fascinated in science, so I attended the DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICE's NATIONAL SCIENCE CONGRESS-2017 and the Society of Geoscientists and Allied Technologies' REGIONAL ENVIRONMENT-CUM-MINERAL AWARENESS PROGRAMME-2019. Additionally, I competed in the English, Math, and Science Olympiads. I attended the ALL-ODISHA STUDENT'S MEET in 2017 that was put on by the SRI AUROBINDO Committee so that I could gain experience. This really aided me in learning more about the society and people around me, as well as giving me the confidence to travel alone and freely. JHARJHARA-RAJGANGPUR MAHOTSAV was one of the many cultural events in 2017 in which I also participated. My school honoured me as BEST IN LITERARY ACTIVITY in 2018. I was an active part of our school's festival organising committee. I am good at picking up new languages, and in addition to English, I have studied Hindi, Odia, and Sanskrit. I took Sanskrit as a language subject in 10th grade and received the highest grade in my whole city. I also received several certifications in the field of Sanskrit, such as speaking, slokas, essay writing, and so on.... Sanskrit has also bestowed upon me the title of ALLROUNDER. I also took part in the 2019 Sanskrit exhibition to raise the language's worth. I enjoyed participating in all activities, so I also attended seminars on science and commerce, where I also received awards in 2019. (It has all certifications attached.) For the sake of society, I also contributed my time to several programmes run by the municipal government in my neighborhood, including ROAD SAFETY, SAY NO TO PLASTIC, SAVE FOREST, SAVE EARTH, etc.

In my 10th grade exam in 2020, I received a 4 CGPA (certificates, transcript and grade conversion are attached). My parents, instructors, and friends were very pleased of me since I had the greatest marks in the entire city. As a reward for the excellent performance, my school gave me a scholarship worth 10,000 INR. With English, Physics, Chemistry, Math, Computer Science, and Physical Education as my areas of interest, I joined the Science department at my school However, Corona hit the world hard this time, so all I have to do to continue is everything online. Yet, I didn't abandon my excitement and zeal for taking part in activities. I looked online for competitions and discovered that the Indian government hosts several tests and awareness campaigns. I found it fascinating since I could learn more about my nation and expand my knowledge of many subjects. Events like the Centre of High Technology (General Awareness), the Cyber Awareness Quiz, the Consumer Empowerment Quiz, Catch the Rain, National Tourism Day, the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, the Surya Namaskar Quiz, the National War Memorial, the Swachh Bharat Pledge, the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, and the Certificate of Commitment on the 73rd Republic Day are just a few of them. Following my discovery of GKS, I developed a fascination with Korea and took part in the 7th Korea-India Friendship Quiz. I learned a lot about Korean culture via its virtual tour, which made me want to visit this stunning and secure nation even more.

While I wanted to serve for the nation's education, my brother opted to serve for the protection of the country. I thus began by making plans for the future. I therefore completed a number of computer lab activities (report attached) and also created a project using Python and Connectivity for the RAILWAYS MAGAMENT. I also took an online course on basic Java and Excel sponsored by Digisaksham and Microsoft. A career training programme organized by National Career Service of India also made me realize the importance of soft skill and daily life Etiquettes.

As the saying goes, "Knowledge multiplies with sharing," thus I'm on a mission to study more and pass on all of the knowledge I possess. The challenges I encountered while taking online classes made me realize that with the right technology, we might provide students with a better environment for learning. I therefore made the decision to tutor those students who struggle in their online classes. I discovered from them that they prefer live interactive classes in a classroom context over just visually appealing or animated videos. My journey into the metaverse was initiated by this.

Finally, I'd want to emphasize that, with all the skills I've developed over the years, I consider myself to be a candidate who is competitive, tenacious, cooperative, and confident. The GKS scholarship would thus be a huge chance for me to master Korea's cutting-edge technology and put it to use for the benefit of students all around the world. To make the world aware of India via myself and Korea through my education, I want to share the knowledge I would gain from Korea with everyone.
For starters, please remove all of the caps lock representations in the essay. Seeing as this is a formal essay discussion, there is no need to shout at or over emphasize any information in the eyes of the reader. Remember that it is considered rude to use all caps when writing any form of communication, electronic or otherwise. Avoid the use of ellipses as well since this is not a creative writing exercise that requires the reader to understand that you are thinking aloud in your writing.

The quote at the start does not make any sense. Neither does the reason for emphasizing the need for GKS to study computer science and engineering. It would be more beneficial to the essay is the metaverse was kept completely out of the loop in terms of the motivation discussion since the course the student is applying to a general computer related course. However, the metaverse may be mentioned later on as the hopeful end result of the studies the student will be undertaking. The metaverse reference should be properly placed in the essay for it to have actual relevance in the discussion.

It would be better if the student can highlight more of his acquired skills and recognition in the realm of computer related activities since that is the course focus of his major. Based on these accomplishments, it would appear that the student is not really qualified, nor with a relevant high school education basis for computer science engineering or the metaverse.

Home / Scholarship / Metaverse - GKS SCHOLARSHIP UNDERGRADUATE PERSONAL STATEMENT (CSE)