New opportunities/ Affable,Multicultural Environment; Scholarship- Why UWC?

rainee 1 / 2  
I am interested in obtaining a scholarship to further my education by doing two years at one of the United World Colleges. The instructions are: Please provide a statement (on a separate piece of paper and with a limit of 300 words) explaining why you are interested in attending a UWC school/college and reflecting on UWC's mission and values, what you might contribute to the school/college and what you would hope to gain from the experience.

-Any grammar mistakes? or advice?
-Any more special points that i can add to it so they will remember my essay?

My effort:

I have always been interested in expanding my knowledge and exploring new opportunities. I am applying to UWC as I believe it will allow me to enter a significantly better educational system while also allowing me to challenge myself and gain greater exposure to different cultures and people.

UWC is a school different from others as it provides an affable, multicultural environment. This will provide me with greater social and team skills. My decision to apply has been greatly impacted by this as I'm interested interacting with new people and intercultural understanding. I would love the opportunity to find out how others live.

UWC offers a variety of subjects and activities which I could not receive in Jamaica. I have personal interests in entrepreneurship, writing poems and short stories and reading. I am also hard-working and possess exceptional leadership qualities. I am confident after two years of studying at UWC I will be better able to use my skills and education to contribute to the development of UWC, Jamaica and the world.

The experience gained at the college will help me to enrich my future .I am excited at the thought of UWC as new home for the next two years. This college will not only provide me with greater educational opportunities but also an exposure to different cultures.

Word count: 203 words
moon05 13 / 133 20  
First of all as the word limit is 300 words, 203 seems way less.

This will provide me with greater social and team skills.

say something else such as leadership skills.

I am confident after two years of studying at UWC I will be better able to use my skills and education to contribute to the development of UWC, Jamaica and the world.

in this sentence better doesn't seem fitting.

No offense, the last sentence is just way boring and you have already said that earlier. Try to give something new. Even if you write something awesome in the body of the essay this type of conclusion will send the reader to Neptune from the Sun! But before everything try to expand the essay more with the characteristics of the college that will help you.

Home / Scholarship / New opportunities/ Affable,Multicultural Environment; Scholarship- Why UWC?