THE OPPORTUNITY TO GRAB WITH BOTH HANDS - GKS IN MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION PERSONAL STATEMENT

simranmavi03 1 / 3  

THE OPPORTUNITY TO GRAB WITH BOTH HANDS

'I still believe that if your aim is to change the world, journalism is a more immediate short-term weapon.'- Tom Stoppard
My name is Simran Mavi, I am 20 years old. I am the third child of a family with six members. My father is the builder, while my mother is a housewife. My father is a high school graduate on the other hand my mother has done her B.A graduation. My brother is the eldest amongst us who is currently pursuing his graduation in physiotherapy. And my sister who is a few years younger to my brother is in second year of her B.A. I also have a younger sister who has just entered her first year of high school. As my father himself couldn't study due to various reasons, he always tries to make us aware of what wonders can education make in one's life. He must have faced such situations himself, that he doesn't want us to face. I was born in a village and my father was always concerned about the quality of education we were getting. This was the sole reason we shifted to a city. We experienced the best learning experience there. I have always been quick to catch things, so I was the first child in my family to speak English fluently. It was a achievement to me at that point of time because it was only a year since we shifted and I was learning new things, but we has to shift from there because of various family and financial issues. He has been trying to provide us most advanced education as best as possible. Ever since,this pandemic came we're very much financially disturbed and had been going through a lot. This is getting tough day by day because he has to take care of my older siblings collage fees too. Along with that he has been working for the development of my hometown by awaking people of their right.

When I was younger I barely cared about my results for which I was always punished. It wasn't like I couldn't study but just that I didn't found it fun. I was a self-willed child, but after my 9th grade result I was taken aback because that was the first time I failed in a subject. I failed in math and had to reappear for exam. All my friends were directly promoted but I wasn't. That was the moment of shame for me and I was so depressed about it. I worked hard and I got through it. I was not much different in 10th grade though, but I manged to get through it after a lot of hard work. Hard work works as magic. Right after my 10th finished I realized how humiliating my past years were and I should respect myself and cherish myself. As soon as I entered my 11th grade I completely stared to focusing on my studies and was in the list of top 3 students of my class. I interacted with teachers and they liked me for the same. In 12th grade I tried ,y best to do the same but it was difficult for us because of the pandemic condition going on. I was very energetic for my final high school year but it ended up in the pandemic I didn't let it become my weaker part that's why I did three online free courses with their certificates. I couldn't do more than that because I didn't found any freer course and I didn't had money to do pay ones. I did the 'First step Korean' course online to get to know basics about 'Hangeul'.

People with foreign education have always taken a substantial role in the development of countries and relation between them. Therefore, I am applying for bachelors program of GKS scholarship 2022 with the major media and communication. Getting internationally recognized education was always one of my best interests.I have always dreamed of studying abroad and this Global Korean scholarship program is just the best option because with the help of this program I would be able to fulfill my dream and at the same time I can help my parents by reducing the burden of finance for my higher education.

Although India is a developing country, there still exists this this majority group of people around me with the mentality that women do not need to pursue higher level of education and only should know basics to teach their own children because according to them this is a waste of time. They think that ultimately women will end up just being someone's wife and taking car of their family. I believe in myself and don't need such people to do the same. I am a confident person when it comes to my dreams, life and career. I am not scared of making mistakes because that will teach me something that I was supposed to, I believe everything in this world happens for some reason. I have huge desire to prove such kind of people that what they think is entirely wrong and they shouldn't limit women. Along with that for me being knowledgeable is important, because people will respect me and treat me with higher esteem. Knowledge and skills are the two factors that differentiate you from others.

I plan to come back to my country and serve for my nation. It would be my lifelong honor if I could even do a bit to improve my country after becoming a knowledgeable person. Knowledge will make you more sensitive and considerate of your surroundings. This thought of mine is one of my motivations to apply for this program as I wanted TO PROVE IT MYSELF THAT I CAN ACHIEVE WHATEVER I TRULY WISH TO. RIGHT AFTER MY 10TH GRADE I HAVE ACQUIRED THAT PASSION IN ME AND GAIN KNOWLEDGE. BY PURSUING THIS PROGRAM MY AIM IS TO GAIN MORE KNOWLEDGE AND ACQUIRE A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF MEDIA AND JOURNALISM. AFTER BECOMING BETTER EDUCATED PERSON THAT I WISH TO IN MY LIFE MAYBE I COULD INSPIRE PEOPLE WITH MY ACHIEVEMENTS. I DECIDED TO PURSUE THIS PARTICULAR MAJOR IN SOUTH KOREA BECAUSE KOREA HAS UNIVERSITIES THAT ARE GLOBALLY RANKED FOR THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION, ATMOSPHERE AND MUCH MORE. PARTICULARLY THE UNIVERSITIES I CHOSE ARE REPUTED FOR THE EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNICATION. I CHOSE THIS PROGRAM AND PARTICULARLY THE THREE PRESTIGIOUS EWHA WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY, KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY, DAEGU UNIVERSITY BECAUSE THESE ARE UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST CHOICES IN TERMS OF MY MAJOR AND EVERYTHING. I HAVE BEEN FOND OF THE WAY KOREAN TECHNOLOGY IS GROWING SO RAPIDLY. THEIR CULTURE AND TRADITIONS NEVER FORGETS TO AMAZE ME, AND MANY OTHER WHICH IS WHY PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO KOREA. SOUTH KOREA CONFIDENTLY HOLDS A LEADING POSITION IN THE GLOBALLY RANKING OF QUALITY OF EDUCATION. THIS COUNTRY IS RENOWNED FOR HAVING A LARGE NUMBER OF EXPERIENCED PROFESSORS, MODERN AND REPUTABLE MEDIA CENTERS SUCH AS KBS, SBS.

[B]THIS PROGRAM IS THE OPPORTUNITY I WOULD LIKE TO GRAB WITH BOTH HANDS AND I AM PRETTY CONFIDENT TO FACE MORE CHALLENGES AND ACTIVITIES I CAN ENGAGE MYSELF IN. I AM WILLING TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE IN THIS FIELD, I AM CERTAIN THAT I AM SUITABLE TO THIS PROGRAM.

I AM WILLING TO APPLY FOR MY UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE WITH THE MAJOR MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION THROUGH GKS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. MOTIVATION TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM DEVELOPED WHEN I SAW MY FAMILY IS FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING AND I HAVE TWO ELDER SIBLINGS WHO ARE GETTING THEIR HIGHER EDUCATION AND I WISH TO HELP MY PARENTS BY LOSING THEIR BURDEN A LITTLE BY GETTING THIS PROGRAM. I HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED OF STUDYING ABROAD AND I BELIEVE THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY I HAVE BEEN WAITING WHICH WILL HELP ME SOLVE BOTH MY CONCERNS TOGETHER.
The applicant presents ordinary information that does not call attention to academic accomplishments, notable academic, or personal obstacles that were overcome, and a believable reason for wishing to study in Korea. The motivation needs to have looth a personal and professional reason. Something along the lines of setting the path for future Indian women in the field would work. More specifics and corelations need to be shown. Maybe a reference to women of note in the field who influenced the applicant would work, using a mix of international references, with a few Indians thrown in for a specific focus.

The university choices in relation to the chosen major lacks any discussion that shows the career and academic motivations in relation to the study focus at each university. The student should revise the essay to shorten the earlier discussion points. Seeing as the student is focused on a university track application, the explanation regarding the choice of universities, along with notable academic accomplishments must be the focus of the essay as these are the major consideration points for uni track applicants.

The student would do well to remove the reference to academic failure in the essay. Only accomplishments will be considered in the application process. Include relevant extra curricular activities in place of academic non-accomplishments. The student appears to be weak in this section. The application itself is not worthy of note at this point and may not progress past the screening round.
OP simranmavi03 1 / 3  
Hey I saw what all you have suggested and I appreciate that but can I have one to one chat? I really want to discuss it in brief. You may contact us at essayforum.com@gmail.com for private services.

Home / Scholarship / THE OPPORTUNITY TO GRAB WITH BOTH HANDS - GKS IN MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION PERSONAL STATEMENT