More Pain Mightier Gain .. ! (NTU Scholarship Essay)

abhi12ravi 1 / -  
Describe, in less than 300 words, a short essay on a subject of personal importance to you. You may choose any topic. Examples include: an event which has influenced you or a family member/friend/person who had a significant influence on you.

More Pain, Mightier Gain !

To help a person in need is believed to be the noblest deed that a person can perform in his/her lifetime.This tendency is inborn for a few while others inculcate it by way of experience. To substantiate, a twelve-year-old boy was traveling in a bus. After an uneventful journey, he prepared to alight from the bus but it over-shot its destination without slowing down. With anxiety clouding his mind, he jumped out! Newton's Law of Inertia sure came true. He landed on the pavement badly injured. His knees were profusely bleeding and his elbows bore scratches all over. People gathered around without trying to alleviate the helpless boy. That's when he felt a gentle pat on his back. Two school-going kids washed his bleeding wounds and bound his knees with kerchiefs."Help always comes in its own attire- leaving behind in our thoughts a lesson, a memory, an inspiration, worthy of a lifetime." The conscience-stricken "audience" took him to the hospital. The lucky boy was me. Vague is the pain I then experienced, but overwhelming is the inspiration that arose from the kids. Then the spark was ignited. I realized that helping others never goes out of fashion; just that everyone is so engrossed with their own lives that they seldom look around themselves. I resolved that I would not be ignorant to people in desperate need of help. I thereby would like to conclude that this is truly of personal importance to me. It has given me the power to help and regard everyone as an individual for what they do and not for who they are. "Life is not how happy we are with ourselves, but how much happiness we can create among others."

Please give me your comments and suggestions as soon as possible . The deadline for submission is 10th-Jan-2012.
Thanking you in advance,
Abhiram
Dabishop - / 3  
For every prize,a price is require and no pain goes without again.good dids have a way of atractin favour so go out today give help to a brother,who knows,u might just be helping ur helper.tank u
Dabishop - / 3  
Pain is acompanied with gain.because for every prize(gain) to be worn a price(pain) is required.it takes self discipline and determination to make it in any endevour.life they say is not a bed of rose, if u must make it u must gril ur self .notin gud comes easy
avantika joshi - / 1  
as far as i understood the question it is asked to write about an event when u gave urself importance. but in the above case others gave you importance which gave u the confidence. there was more of negativity than positivity. if m wrong please correct me :)

Home / Scholarship / More Pain Mightier Gain .. ! (NTU Scholarship Essay)