REVIEW ON PTDF MSC MOTIVATION LETTER ON ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING

oghenekevwe 1 / -  

my passion for environmental science research

I am writing to express my interest in the petroleum trust development fund (PTDF) scholarship. I am a graduate of Physics with the intent to further my education, I have chosen a Master's degree in Energy and Industrial Environmental Engineering. Upon my final year project in my university, I carried out an analysis on the level of ionizing radiation students, lecturers and staffs absorb while in different areas of the university campus. I got realize a lot of facts regarding the dangers we are being exposed to on a daily basis by radioactive properties and other harmful elements, hence my passion for environmental science research grew.

Energy and Environmental Engineering is significant in every field of life and I want to map out its relevance in the oil and gas sector. Basically the major relevance of this field of study in the oil and gas sector is that it helps control the impact of oil and gas production process hence keeping lives of humans, animals, plants and the atmosphere safe for habitation.

Obtaining a Master's degree in Energy and Environmental Engineering will help me develop personally, nationally as well as build an excellent career as an Environmental Engineer, hence my desire to acquire this scholarship. I am very enthusiastic about knowledge, I pay attention to details. With a Bachelor's degree in Physics, I've always had a knack for research, and I've equally excelled in the research related courses that I took, as evident from my transcript. I have acquired prerequisite knowledge and experience in the field of environmental physics during my undergraduate studies. Some of these courses offered are energy and environment, physics of the solid earth, biophysics, thermal physics, and solid state physics among other courses. My passion for studying and desire to work hard, made me excel and positioned me in the upper echelon of my graduating class. Over the four years of my undergraduate study, I maintained an average cumulative grade point of over 80%, finally graduating with 87% (4.35/5.0 GPA), which puts me in the top 5% of my graduating class. Fortunately I was awarded a merit based undergraduate scholarship by the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF), which I maintained from my second year till I graduated.

On returning back to Nigeria, with all I have been able to learn and experience gained, I would be able improve the environmental state of the country both in the oil and gas sector and the country at large. Making sure environmental rules and regulations are kept, ensuring proper safety precautions (as regards wastes or byproducts) are taken whenever any industry is involved in any form of crude oil processing, also enacting strict rules on appropriate safe environment suitable for habitation and sensitize residents as often as we can the benefits of maintaining and keeping a clean, healthy environment.
The motivation letter does not respond to the most basic question being asked: "What is the professional motivation for your studies?" You seem to not have enough professional experience (if at all) as you refer to your undergraduate studies more than the required professional application for your graduate studies. Your motivations should reflect upon your professional exposure to the oil and gas industry within your country. The motivation letter only speaks of your academic accomplishments but does not address the logical professional qualifications that you have which can be used as a reference for the strength of your motivation. Without focusing the message of your essay on the proper topics, the motivation letter that you wrote doesn't really help your application and in fact, weakens your application credentials.

Home / Scholarship / REVIEW ON PTDF MSC MOTIVATION LETTER ON ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING