Every single element in this world has a role. Scholarship, Self introduction essay.

aelsp 1 / 1  
Hi everyone, im going to apply for the KGSP.

Next are the topics to include in the self introduction:

- Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
- Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to the KGSP program
- Your motivations for applying for this program
- Reason for study in Korea

Please help me correcting and giving feedback.
Any help gratefully appreciated. Blessings!
___________________

Every single element in this world has a role. However, humans can decide which one take as their own. I grew up in a small town, shaped by the values of my family and school. Those made of me an open-minded as well as persistent person, who understands that life give us challenges to overcome with positivism and patience. I studied 13 years of my life since I was 3 years old in the town's Public school directed by Franciscan Missionaries of Maria Sisters; they lead students into the teaching life, planting their vision of protecting the nature and environment.

...
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
[Every single element in this world has a role. However, humans can decide which one to take as their own. I grew up in a small town, shaped by the values of my family and school. Those made me an open-minded, as well as persistent person, who understands that life gives us challenges to overcome with positivism and patience. I studied thirteen years of my life since I was three years old, in the town's Public school. It was directed by Franciscan Missionaries of Maria Sisters; they lead students into the teaching life, planting their vision of protecting nature and the environment.

I was a child with a spirit of curiosity and experimentation interested in arts. I produced craft articles with every kind of old and useless materials. I was grateful, when people gave positive judgment of my works. As result, somehow I found myself driven towards architecture. I must admit that I did not notice when I was deeply involved in my studies. To enrich my academic process and feed my knowledge, I took different extracurricular activities. I was monitor in The xx Laboratory of the faculty of xxx, where I collaborated organizing different type of activities to students, as well as being part of the group of edition of the student's project magazine of the same faculty, where a couple of years later I published my work of grade.

I could manifest, architectural design turned in my hobby, and turned my ambition to be one of the recognized students of my school generation. I had the opportunity in 20xx of visit the xx as an exchange student. This had led me to the desire of taking a graduate course overseas, in order to broaden my international outlook, while simultaneously strengthening my professional abilities. I awoke a special interest in disciplines dealing with environmental resources, this interest was also a result of my project of grade, where I developed an eco park for the recuperation of a marsh edge, applying concepts of sustainable design and building technology. As a result of the dedication that my team and I gave to it, we graduated with honors, besides we were invited to give a conference to the last year students of the faculty, explaining our study method.

Afterwards, I wanted to take a breath from the academy life and I started working designing residential and commercial projects, I have gained practical experience and abilities that cannot be learned in the classroom, such as how to deal with the customers needs and solve living issues under the local law. I spent last year in xx learning English where I met people from different nationalities. I found great connection with Korean culture through friends and housemates. That is why I decided to take a trip across some Asian countries, ending up in Korea. Today, I am amazed at the dynamicness of The Seoul city, complemented by architectural and urban projects. They show new concepts in aesthetics and building technologies, being that they essentially protect the Korean cultural roots.

All of that, and also the Korean high quality education created in me motivation, to be one of the graduate students at xx which have academics high qualified and facilities that will help in the development of my studies. Also, their recognition and strength in architectural design, it would not only expand my horizons in the field of architecture, but also will give me the chance to experience deeply Korea. Furthermore, with my role of architect contribute in the living issues of today's society.

I proofread your work, for grammar and punctuation. You use a lot of very long sentences! I think you gave good reasons for studying in Korea, and any school would be happy to consider you. This essay is thorough, and gives a lot of your background and qualifications, enough to really show who you are.

Good luck to you!
OP aelsp 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your help!
I'm still working on...

Could you tell me if the next sentence sounds arrogant? or is okay to keep it? (I am really wondering because show emotions in english is quite different than in my mother language, and I want to keep an humble text)

- My ambition made me to be one of the recognized students of my school generation.

Thank you so much!

Home / Scholarship / Every single element in this world has a role. Scholarship, Self introduction essay.