Study abroad - Language Plan for Global Korean Scholarship

dumbandpabo 1 / 1  
Pls help me if you have any suggestions or improvements I can make!!!

Language Plan

Studying abroad requires you learn the language of the country you are going to pursue your studies in. In most of these cases, English is the most widely spoken language. English being a global language is extensively taught in both private and public schools of Nepal. Even so to advance myself in bettering my English, I wanted to test my abilities and had taken the IELTS and scored a decent band score. But then again I read various books and novels to enhance my vocabulary. Not only that I also watch different television series and movies in English to understand the ways of using various words and phrases in a conversation.

As my interest in Korean culture grew over time I also started watching various dramas in Korean and listening to Korean music. This ultimately led me to want to learn the Korean language. I started my journey to learning Korean by learning Hangeul through the internet. Then I started to learn the language with Duo lingo a well-known language learning app. I also used YouTube to learn Korean from professionals and some free online courses on the internet. But this app only teaches the basics of the Korean language.

After coming to Korea, I can have a better grasp of the use of Korean language in daily and advanced vocabulary via the language program provided by the GKS scholarship program. I would eventually also take the TOPIK test to assess my knowledge of the Korean language. To further my knowledge and broaden my vocabulary I will also start reading various books in Korean written by Korean writers.

Furthermore, I would like to join study groups for both English and Korean learners so I can gain more experience communicating in both the languages. I will try to read from online articles and magazines as well and always try to find meanings to new words I will encounter later on. I will also constantly update my test scores to the best of my abilities.
ONE ESSAY PER THREAD.

The applicant does not represent any clear pre and post arrival study plans in the essay. He is narrating his interest in the languages of English and Hangul, he even boasted about his English language certification accomplishments, but he has not indicated how he is continuing to learn the languages prior to his arrival in Korea.

His pre arrival learning method is much too informal and lacking in seriousness when it comes to learning the languages indicated. He comes across as too lax in his learning methods that do not bode well for his image as a student of foreign languages for one year. While these learning methods are acceptable and his essay indicates proficient English language skills, the informality of the languages learning discussion does not lend itself to a sense of confidence that this student might be successful at learning Hangul in the long term.
OP dumbandpabo 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for the directions I did feel like I missed some details and needed advice.
I will surely make some corrections keeping your advice in mind.

Home / Scholarship / Study abroad - Language Plan for Global Korean Scholarship