Being an urban researcher will always be my lifelong passion; Special reasons

Plank 2 / 4  
To me, choosing a graduate school always plays a significant role in long-term career development. Therefore, my decision to choose X University depends crucially on three factors: my research interests, the considerable prestige of X University through academic courses and close connections between my interests and those courses.

My childhood dream was to be a scientist. When I enrolled on Ho Chi Minh University of Architecture, my passion for urban planning has been truly inspired through the cooperation with German researchers from University of Y. They taught me research methodologies for systematic in-depth analysis of urban problems that I could not learn in my home country. Accordingly, I have gradually realised that my ultimate goal is now to study abroad.

With that goal in mind, I choose Z programme at X University. With seminar-style lectures combined with hands-on practical professor's experience, the self-directed curriculum of this programme would allow me to customise to fit my academic interests in urban planning. Furthermore, studying at X University, which is one of the best technical universities in Germany, would give me invaluable opportunities to collaborate with leading experts in urban planning. That would not only benefit my academic research but also my future career.

In short, being an urban researcher will always be my lifelong passion. First and foremost, I strongly believe that X University would be one of the most appropriate universities for me to fire that passion with great enthusiasm. (248 words)
First, it is better if you had included your prompt with the essay so that we know what it expects from you. Second, you should have a more meaningful topic title in the subject field when you open a new essay. It's forum rule. (This title is attended by me). These actions would also help you earn more meaningful comments.

To me, carefully choosing the university in which I will pursue my dream, being an urban researcher, and make those dreams come true always plays a significant role in my life.

.... This is your hook and it should be clear and catchy. This one sounds pretty confusing because your ideas do not flow smoothly. I think you should rephrase this sentence.

You have a problem in expressing your ideas in a logical flow. I wish you redo this response. Do not write lengthy lines, but short ones limiting one sentence to one idea.
Thanks for your useful comments. Following your suggestions, I rewrote it and made many changes. I would greatly appreciate some more suggestions and criticism.

Ok... let see what you've done next :D .... Anyway, it's good if we have the prompt because then we can have a better idea about what it expects.

To me, choosing a graduate school always plays a significant role in long-term career development.

This is not a case with you alone, it is the same with others too.... You need to say things that stand out other applicants, so avoid making general statements about things those admin guys always hear. Focus more on the question they asked and make use of every word to answer them.

my decision to choose X University depends crucially on three factors: my research interests, the considerable prestige of X University through academic courses and close connections between my interests and those courses.

My decision to choose X University was influenced by its reputation for excellent academic courses and the alignment I find between my research interests and the features of its Research Department.
OP Plank 2 / 4  
Thanks a ton, dumi!!! My essay about the special reasons for choosing that university now looks so much better. If you or other people see any problems of my essay, please tell me about it. I would appreciate more and more suggestions and critism. Please give some advice about 2nd and 3rd paragraph, I would like to know how you and other people feel about them. I rewrote my 1st paragraph based on your suggestions and it's extremely useful.

If other people have any advice on my essay, feel free to discuss and give me your opinion. I sincerely appreciate every suggestion you have.

Thanks in advance!

Home / Scholarship / Being an urban researcher will always be my lifelong passion; Special reasons