Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 2

Inactive children - At least 60 min of vigorous exercise is recommended each day for a healthy life

taylorfinnie16 1 / -  
I am writing a persuasive speech to parents of inactive children, how do I make this persuasive

One of the main issues in kids today is the lack of physical activity. At least 60 min of vigorous exercise is recommended each day for a healthy life style, but only 7 % of kids are meeting that. Physical activity can help grow and maintain healthy muscles and bone, and can reduce the chance of being obese. Consistent exercise, with a team sport or single sport can make children happier and healthier. Team sports are a great way to help children stay healthy and make great friends along the way.

Some of the main benefits of daily physical activity are it can help maintain your weight, improves mood, boost energy and helps you sleep better. Other more unexpected benefits are, it can sharpen your memory, increase productivity and alleviate stress. Daily exercise can even boost your brain power by allowing more blood to be pumped to your brain. A cardio type of exercise floods the brain with chemicals that enhance functions such as memory, problem solving, and decision making.

It is believed that video games and technology is one of the main causes of the decrease of physical activity in children. Many kids would rather spend their free time playing video games, rather than participating in a team sport.

With no physical activity and a poor diet, obesity is inevitable. In the last 30 years obesity had tripled and 1 and 3 children are overweight. The obesity rate from age 6-11 has increased from 6.5% to 19.6% in the last 3 decades. Some of the main causes of obesity are family habits, food choices, TV and video games, fast foods, and calorie count. Being obese at a young age puts kids at a higher risk of developing life altering or life threatening diseases or conditions. Some of these conditions and diseases include heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, joint problems, sleep apnea, and physical or social problems.
SherlockLegends 2 / 6  
One of the main issues with kids today is the lack of physical activity...

To make this more persuasive, make sure to hook your audience first. The way you open up your essay is too bland and straight up. You need to emphasize the problems; make your audience feel the danger of child inactivity. You probably need to open your speech with that first. Since your speech is for parents, intensify the emotion of this speech; right now, it doesn't have one. Tell your audience a story or an anecdote about a kid with inactivity; tell them what did that kid do everyday; tell them what happened to the kid in the end. Make a story, both negative and positive story. Have a vision about the issue, then make the parents see what you see, and feel what you feel.

Home / Speeches / Inactive children - At least 60 min of vigorous exercise is recommended each day for a healthy life