Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 130

How to improve English writing? Learning through reading.

PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  
Reading academic articles on different topics will certainly help you improve your writing skills regardless of what your current English level is, but I also believe that you have to be cognizant of English grammars in order to write error-free essays. As time goes by, you will find yourself being able to write great essays without even trying; however, it certainly takes time and cannot be mastered over night.
patoguerra 2 / 6  
movies with subtitles, reading articles or watch series in english
Also try to go to EF or any other institute where you can find native speakers and practice with them
zhayendzuji 2 / 11 4  
Start with the basics. Read a wide variety of materials that interest you. Watch English movies and slowly build up your vocabulary by highlighting new words and looking their definition in the dictionary. Try to converse in English daily and try to learn new words and phrases. When you have established a little, try to learn complicated words and phrases. And use them everyday, whether through writing or speaking.
senuthilini 5 / 16 1  
I personally believe that reading is the most efficient way to enrich the vocabulary and proper usage of the verbs and adjectives. And the second thing is that you need practically try your ability. For that, you can write essays or summarize the things that you have read. Apart from that, you need to speak with others. You may get stuck at the beginning but do not get discouraged keep trying. Do not hesitate to speak with foreign people. I am also trying to enhance my knowledge. Good luck.
deviamrtyni - / 1  
Merged:

How to improve my english?

hi everyone ! I'm new in here, I want to be able to speak english. But in my neighborhood, there is no one use english in their language. so I difficuty to learn english. please tell me how to learn english easily.
anon123 1 / 2  
Don't just read. Try to remind yourself to notice any "unfamiliar" phrases while you read. It is easier to remember something when you learn it from a specific context.
johnle29 4 / 9  
"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Edison
Writing an essay is like doing a math exercise, reading inspires and gives you some formulas while writing is like praticing, the only way to improve the writing skill is to combine both of these factors
hhspark 3 / 9  
Writing is slightly different from other subjects in language... you can naturally obtain reading and listening skills through various contents but in writing, it is important to write yourself a lot. A reasonable correction from native speaker is a must as well.
Henry1234 1 / 3  
I don't think reading is an efficient way, perhaps watching some tv programmes or reality shows that you are interested in can help you. I personally love watching Love Island and I will jot down words I don't know every time. It helps me a lot in daily conversation because the candidates all speak in casual informal language
ttthienct91 1 / 2  
@Sun
I think you need the right tutor first or if you already have basic grammar points and vocabulary. You can build your writing style by following steps in a writing book

Home / Student Talk / How to improve English writing? Learning through reading.