Admissions Essay for Art School: Confident and Eager to Learn More

smoshr 1 / 1  
I'm new to this and am seeking helpful assistance, I am applying to NSCADU and I would like a unique essay. The essay can only be one page long, which about the length it is now. I have to say why I want to go to NSCADU, what I bring to the school and what led me to apply.

This is what I have for my essay so far:

I'm a person who notices small things and finds inspiration in my surroundings. I show off this ability with my drawing, photography, and other artwork. Art is a constant part of my daily life. I like to use a wide range of media to express myself, but my main medium and form of expression, at the moment, is photography.

Photography has been an ever-present part of most of my life, but for the past five years I have been experimenting with my learned artistic skills and my knowledge of cameras. It has become a daily passion for me. I also have experience with using other media and am comfortable with, and open to trying new forms of art. I am always influenced by the world around me and my goal is to gain admittance to NSCADU so I can pair my passion with new insight to create a future career in the arts.

I'm applying to NSCADU because I am confident with the skills I have but am eager to learn more. I'm specifically choosing NSCADU because of its variety of courses that will provide breadth and depth for my skills. Having the opportunity to study at NSCADU will expose me to many new things and help me to continue my personal growth in the arts. Since I want to go to school in Nova Scotia, NSCADU is my first choice for post-secondary education.

I believe NSCADU is where I see my challenges and successes continuing. Your course offerings will provide me with the means to further my learning and passion for art. Thank you for your consideration.
ranger_85 1 / 9  
It has become a daily passion for me

A pretty good job, though as it would be nice if you could describe to the world the meaning of NSCADU. I am also a photographer and pray tell teach writing in Thailand.

Put some feeling in passion will you. And what is 'it' ?
OP smoshr 1 / 1  
I made some changes; what do you think? NSCADU is short for Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University

I'm a person who notices small things and finds inspiration in my surroundings. I show off this ability with my drawing, photography, and other artwork. When I started taking art in high school I was comforted by the fact that I could express myself in a unique way without words, making it my favourite form of communication. Art is a constant and daily part of my life. I like to use a wide range of media to express myself, but my main medium and form of expression, at the moment, is photography.

Photography has been an ever-present part of most of my life, but for the past five years I have been experimenting with my learned artistic skills and my knowledge of cameras. Photography has now become something I do everyday. I also have experience with using other media and am comfortable with, and open to trying new forms of art. I am always influenced by the world around me and my goal is to gain admittance to NSCADU so I can pair my passion with new insight to create a future career in the arts.

I'm applying to NSCADU because I am confident with the skills I have but am eager to learn more. I'm specifically choosing this school because of its variety of courses that will provide breadth and depth for my skills. Having the opportunity to study at NSCADU will expose me to many new things and help me to continue my personal growth in the arts. Since I want to go to school in Nova Scotia, NSCADU is my first choice for post-secondary education.

Home / Undergraduate / Admissions Essay for Art School: Confident and Eager to Learn More