Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'I have only been to another state, city, country' - Seattle University

freedom1 1 / -  
I only have 5 days left before i can send in the application, the personal statement has scared me and i am wondering if you all could help correct my essay any way possible thank you!

Why do you feel that Seattle University is a good match with your educational goals?

I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life. I have only been to another state, city, country, and no more than 3 weeks. I did expect to stay in Los Angeles for the rest of my life because I have never experienced real travel. It wasn't until I read "Into The Wild", that changed my thoughts about leaving my hometown. There is a big world out there for me to explore to find myself. When searching for colleges that interest me during the beginning of my senior year I began to look for out of state colleges. One of my top priorities to find the best college was it had to be part of the Roman Catholic. My whole life I have been a catholic, and it is a big part of me I wouldn't withdraw from my life. I eventually came across a few universities that were Jesuit. One of the schools that really caught my eye was Seattle University. I loved their ideas, the location, and its determination to bring its students success. I want to further my education at Seattle University. One day I would like to become president of the United States and I know pursuing my goals at Seattle University will make my dream become reality. I have never visited Seattle, but after receiving the University's view book I just fell in love with the city. I could not ask for a better view of a city. I made Seattle University my number 1 school. I know I can become someone in this university with the education I will receive, which will soon carry on to live my life on my own. My final mold of the person I am will be complete with the help of Seattle University. I know I will be successful and reach my goal; this is why I would love to make Seattle University my home away from home.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I have only been to another state, city, country' - Seattle University