Short-answer questions for Exchange Program

Twinkle 6 / 17  
3 questions for Stanford Exchange Program

I'm not English native. Please help me about grammar and make it more beautiful and flow. This is so important to me. Every ideas and edits are really appreciate:)

1.Tell us about you imagine yourself in the next ten years. (Maximum 150 words)

I got 131 words (MS word count)

Question1

137 words

In the next ten years, I see myself having graduated a PhD in Biochemistry, my interested field from great university. My dream is to discover new innovations that can help better our humanity and life as we know it. I not only want to do research but I want to teach my findings by becoming a professor; I love sharing knowledge with others. I also love art and wish to combine science and art to create a small business so I can begin my own farm, making fine pharmaceutical and agricultural products from harvest. In ten years I will have expected to travel many places and see and learn many new things. I will bring all honor and happiness to my parents. More discovery and understand myself and the world. Can share happiness to people all around

Question 3

149

Embodying my outlook for the future, Stanford is the only place in my vision. Your prestigious school is a world-renowned university with strong academic programs in biochemistry, my choice of major. Stanford has the best environment; outstanding professors, diverse and creative students, extracurricular activities and wonderful campus are all fascinating for me. I would be honored to study and attain my doctorates degree from this school. Besides the above reasons, I strongly want to participate in STEP. I feel Stanford has great opportunities for Thai students. Every year, I've applied for this program, I feel closer to Stanford. If I am accepted, it will be my first time to go abroad; my one and only chance to see and experience a new world. I wish Stanford is my first place "To make the wind of my freedom blow" and to expand my prospects for my academics and my life.

PS. Do I choose forum[Essay & Term Papers] correctly?

Thank you very much, I will check it every time I can:)
I will bring all honor and happiness to my parents. As I discover and understand more about myself , I will have more to share with other people all around the world ---> That is just my idea. Maybe it will help...

Here is another one:
That makes Stanford is the right place for me; and I want to participate in this program for the opportunity to prepare myself to be the more right person for Stanford as well." make the best possible contributions to my chosen field.

I admire your hard work!! You will do well, for sure.
OP Twinkle 6 / 17  
Thank you very much EF_Kelvin!

Can anyone tell me about

"My dream is to discover new innovations that can help better our humanity and life as we know it ." I don't understand this phrase, what does it mean??????

And I just know, this program organized by the Thai-American Intercultural Society (THAIS), a registered student group in Stanford University, and not by the University itself. So, I change my sentence in Question3

... I strongly want to participate in STEP. I feel Stanford supports opportunities for Thai students. Every year, I've applied for this program, I feel closer to Stanford.

Is it OK?

Please check my 2nd draft, How's about it???

Home / Undergraduate / Short-answer questions for Exchange Program